Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson's honours list

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Disgraced former PM gets to reward those loyal to him, many of whom are implicated in partygate and mired in corruption. Nothing whatsoever to do with service to the country. Absolutely sickening. Viva la revolution.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Let's face it, it always has rewarded which ever xPM regardless of political persuasion. House of Lords been a sick joke for years. How many does it really need, should be one in one out.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Let's face it, it always has rewarded which ever xPM regardless of political persuasion. House of Lords been a sick joke for years. How many does it really need, should be one in one out.
Of all the suggestions I've heard for reform of the House of Lords (and it does need some reform, even though in spite of the ridiculous things about its make up, it actually does quite a good job) - abolish it? - no; elected second chamber - nah; proportional representation? - geez no, FFS! - your idea of one in one out is the best I've heard.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
His honours list published on the day he resigns as an MP. You couldn’t make it up.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
And I thought I already despised him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Disgraced former PM gets to reward those loyal to him, many of whom are implicated in partygate and mired in corruption. Nothing whatsoever to do with service to the country. Absolutely sickening. Viva la revolution.
Brace yourself.

We've got Thick Lizzie's to look forward to.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Neither Blair nor Brown had resignation honours. 'Call me Dave' resurrected it. The useless tory twat.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Neither Blair nor Brown had resignation honours. 'Call me Dave' resurrected it. The useless tory twat.
wasn't that because Blair had the cash for peerages problem?

i suppose it says something that a wiff of dodginess meant not issuing a list, while now they dont care.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
wasn't that because Blair had the cash for peerages problem?

i suppose it says something that a wiff of dodginess meant not issuing a list, while now they dont care.
Yep. The difference between propriety and brazen graft

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here