Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson to quit as PM early next year?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
So, this is a quote from a woman, who spoke to the father of Dominic Cummins wife.

And we accuse Leeds fans of delusion over BW.

Jeez, looks like some people will believe anything.

It's not something I believe. Just an article suggesting he is planning to go.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
So the source for this story is a woman who claims she bumped into Dominic Cumming's father-in-law at Chillingham Castle, Northumberland and had an impromptu chat with him during which he revealed Boris Johnson plans to resign as PM in February?

Jesus. I know it's the August Silly Season for press reporting, but even so :facepalm:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It will be interesting, (whilst depressing) to see who the Tories want as leader in a post brexit and covid world.

MP's will be looking very nervously at a disciplined leader of the opposition and will surely look to install someone who isn't being continuously shredded. That takes Raab, Patel (and quite a few others) out of the running.

Sunak will have had to end furlough and raise taxes by then so will be copping flak for the first time.
Hancock will be the sacrificial lamb, along with all the scientists, in the Covid fallout
Hunt, not sure he wants it again
Gove clearly does want it again.
Williamson can't avoid obvious elephant traps
Jenrick is done
Eustace intellectually lightweight.

The MP's may want to put up a relative outsider. Maybe Dowden or some unknown like that. Maybe he'll go up against Gove. Members as per usual will go for whoever looks tough on immigration and rules out tax rises on middle England

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Of course he will leave soon. I don’t believe this because of that article but because there is no way he has the strength of character to face up to the deaths he has caused during the pandemic or the disaster that Brexit is becoming (and was always going to be).
He’ll flee like someone lit his fat arse on fire.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Yeah, if only we had Corbyn for P.M. Such a shame. :facepalm:

#I'mBackingBoris

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yeah, if only we had Corbyn for P.M. Such a shame. :facepalm:

#I'mBackingBoris

Corbyn is no longer leader of the Labour Party so it is unlikely he would be PM if the Labour Party were in power.
I think you need to let the Corbyn thing go. Him being a weak party leader doesn’t make Boris Johnson a good PM by default.

D

Deleted member 2719

Of course he will leave soon. I don’t believe this because of that article but because there is no way he has the strength of character to face up to the deaths he has caused during the pandemic or the disaster that Brexit is becoming (and was always going to be).

Haha, Clampy, I never had you down as a sheep, oh yes I did.

The deaths in this country will be caused by so many factors, not by one bloke who destroyed the Labour party in an election.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Interesting to see names appear again on the Big Board which haven't since the bear pit was introduced. Let's hope this and all political rubbish goes to the pit.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Haha, Clampy, I never had you down as a sheep, oh yes I did.

The deaths in this country will be caused by so many factors, not by one bloke who destroyed the Labour party in an election.

Sorry, I don’t really do bear pit type stuff anymore. And I don’t intend to start again now. Enjoy.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Just had a marvellous mental vision of that, beautifully put !

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Johnson knew what was in store when he chose to stand as Tory Party leader, he was the one who persuaded the UK to vote Brexit and he has to own it.

That said, I suspect the pressure on him to resign next January will be huge. With no sign of the oven-ready deal we were promised Brexit is shaping up to be a hammer blow to this country, not to mention the increase in support for Scottish independence and the possibility of the break-up of the UK.

I could see him bailing out on health grounds. The Scottish Parliament elections are scheduled for 6th May and if Sturgeon wins and sees her support grow she will call for IndyRef2.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Read the " Article " and it is a load of tosh. He isn't going to leave due to " Lingering Covid-!9 problems " , He is as fit as a flea, it was only a few weeks back he did nearly a whole " Press Up " for the camera !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here