Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson Enquiry - The poll

Were the Enquiries recommendations

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I should imagine that very few of us have time to read a 30,000 word document. So it is impossible to draw a conclusion. The only thing we know is that he was lying. And none of us are particularly surprised by that.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Was there a recommendation to send him to Devils Island. The last time we see him is head shaved in prison garb. Then all evidence of his existence is removed from the internet, TV, radio, printed word and our minds?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A public evisceration of a PM by his peers. Amazing really. No idea if it is harsh or not, but they have clearly done all they can to get rid of the clown and keep him out.
An ex-PM. It is a reminder that -- however difficult it is to understand the UK's constitutional arrangements are -- we live in a parliamentary democracy and, of those two terms, it's the latter that's more questionable.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's all so unimportant and irrelevant right now. Leave the bloke alone. The only important thing is to get this enquiry finished so that we don't make the same stupid mistakes again - for example lockdowns, face masks, social distancing.
Yeah, poor 'Boris'. Maybe we should start a GoFundMe to help him with yet another holiday to make him feel a bit better about the nasty people saying horrible things about him, when all he was doing was forgetting the rules of a global pandemic that he and his government had created and put in place. An easy mistake to make – we've all been there.

Still, it's Fathers' Day on Sunday, so at least he can look forward to a bumper crop of presents from his 23 offspring.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's all so unimportant and irrelevant right now. Leave the bloke alone. The only important thing is to get this enquiry finished so that we don't make the same stupid mistakes again - for example lockdowns, face masks, social distancing.
You do realise that what we are talking about is the Privileges Committee enquiry, an independent enquiry set up by Parliament to see whether Johnson repeatedly lied in Parliament, the majority of whose members were conservatives and who's chair Harriet Harman never got to vote as they decided on the result unanimously, so the chair had no vote, despite the lies stating otherwise from Johnson. (The lies about the committee report, as oppose to the lies about the lies that he told to Parliament, specifically about lying about parties).

What you are talking about is the Covid enquiry, a separate independent enquiry set up to investigate the Government's management and handling of the Covid epidemic. This enquiry is the one the Government is refusing to release information to, and is now threatening to take to court despite it having set up the enquiry in the first place. That one will decide if any of the Government lied or did anything illegal, immoral, ignored scientific advice, set up illegal fast track programs etc during the Covid pandemic, it's not just limited to specific lies Johnson told in Parliament. As you can imagine that is a far bigger and wide reaching enquiry than the one that just reported.

Hope this helps as, not for the first time, you seem to be getting confused by Johnson's lies and I'm sure he wouldn't want that :thumbsup:

Last edited:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It's all so unimportant and irrelevant right now. Leave the bloke alone.
Leave the bloke alone? He was all about "waiting for the outcome of the inquiry" when it suited him to dodge questions about whatever he was in hot water over. Now we have the outcome of an inquiry into his conduct and we should just leave him alone? OK mate.

Some of his own supporters have suggested parading him up and down the country so he can be put in the stocks. I think they were being sarcastic but I happen to think it's a brilliant idea. Great therapy for everyone he has f***ed over.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Let's not leave the "bloke" alone
I could substitute a few words for the italics

My view is he is a piece of scum who has fecked my country and my grandkids opportunities, Covid is a sideshow to what we will all suffer now and in the future.
And he will continue to have a load of thick accolytes who are either stupid or bastards - there is no middle ground.

So if I saw the "bloke" jogging in my town.......
I probably wouldn't leave him alone

This stocks idea might just have legs

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Where's the option for Kangaroo Court?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Let's not leave the "bloke" alone
I could substitute a few words for the italics

My view is he is a piece of scum who has fecked my country and my grandkids opportunities, Covid is a sideshow to what we will all suffer now and in the future.
And he will continue to have a load of thick accolytes who are either stupid or bastards - there is no middle ground.

So if I saw the "bloke" jogging in my town.......
I probably wouldn't leave him alone

This stocks idea might just have legs

Credit where it's due. Step forward Sir James...

Apropos of nothing, what exactly does it take to get a knighthood these days?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here