Johnny Williams (Joniesta) On Loan?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
It's amazing with all these 'world-class' truly fantastic midfielders that you have that you currently sit just above the relegation zone. Still, I do like Williams as a player, and I would have thought it would be easier for him to come here than go to Derby.

Where did I say any of that? All I said was that those players currently offer a lot more end product than Jon Williams does so they're ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment.

We're sitting just above the relegation zone in the Premier League. Also we've only just signed Ince and Ledley who are yet to play a game for us.

I think you're just looking to be wound up and I really can't see why.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Would do a good job for Brighton, Brighton's style of play would suit him as well.

Could see this loan happening as he needs game time. Derby already have their own blonde midget in midfield in Will Hughes as not sure he would go there.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Would do a good job for Brighton

That's why I don't want him signing for them! Would prefer Bournemouth or Watford, where he could go and be the star man for a club that I wouldn't hate to see promoted.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Could see this loan happening as he needs game time. Derby already have their own blonde midget in midfield in Will Hughes as not sure he would go there.

Do you come from the Land of the Giants?

Hughes is over 6 feet tall.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Solly March's best mate, they were at England schoolboys together.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Great player but not what we need.

A goal scoring midfielder if anything is what we are after.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
That's why I don't want him signing for them! Would prefer Bournemouth or Watford, where he could go and be the star man for a club that I wouldn't hate to see promoted.

No need to worry on that front............I'm afraid.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Strange player, had the ability to run games for us at times despite his young age, then the next week he'd be crocked.

There's a fantastic player in there for sure but whether he fulfills his potential is another thing. I wouldn't be adverse on him going to Brighton but given the midfield you've already got, he'd have to dislodge either one of your new signings or the likes of Orlandi which would upset many on here I'd imagine!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Strange player, had the ability to run games for us at times despite his young age, then the next week he'd be crocked.

There's a fantastic player in there for sure but whether he fulfills his potential is another thing. I wouldn't be adverse on him going to Brighton but given the midfield you've already got, he'd have to dislodge either one of your new signings or the likes of Orlandi which would upset many on here I'd imagine!

If he just wants to play football and show a bit of attacking intent I'd welcome him with open arms.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Where did I say any of that? All I said was that those players currently offer a lot more end product than Jon Williams does so they're ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment.

We're sitting just above the relegation zone in the Premier League. Also we've only just signed Ince and Ledley who are yet to play a game for us.

I think you're just looking to be wound up and I really can't see why.

Looking to be wound up!? Eh!? No. Pointing out the rather obvious fact that your midfield (at least to date) is not good enough in the Premier League.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
We certainly need a creative midfielder, which Williams is, because at the moment our midfield is creating zilch.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Looking to be wound up!? Eh!? No. Pointing out the rather obvious fact that your midfield (at least to date) is not good enough in the Premier League.
I'd question your reasoning there, and also your use of "rather obvious". The midfield we had before the January transfer window currently has Palace sitting outside the relegation zone. We've added Puncheon on a permanent, Ledley from Celtic and Tom Ince on loan to that midfield, which would make it better than it was before.

To suggest that our current midfield is "rather obviously not good enough in the Premier League" is a. factually incorrect and b. bloody stupid considering we've improved it again in the transfer window.

I'd suggest that our midfield is the strongest part of our team and is certainly stronger than the midfield's of Hull, Cardiff and Fulham and probably also West Brom, Norwich, Adam Johnson FC, West Ham and Stoke.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Saw a brief glimpse of what I believe to be Ledley sitting with the Palace subs at Arsenal during MOTD2 earlier.

I don't wish to be rude- actually, what am I saying, this is Palace here- but what's the deal with his TEETH? He could give Luis Suarez a run for his money :D

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Saw a brief glimpse of what I believe to be Ledley sitting with the Palace subs at Arsenal during MOTD2 earlier.

I don't wish to be rude- actually, what am I saying, this is Palace here- but what's the deal with his TEETH? He could give Luis Suarez a run for his money :D
IN teeth only...did'nt Spurs get rid because he was always in the sickbay?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
from what i saw of him, which grudgingly liked, we have CMS coming back to provdie the same. rather see him in behind Ulloa.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
IN teeth only...did'nt Spurs get rid because he was always in the sickbay?

Joe Ledley. Not Ledley King.

Used to be quite decent with Cardiff, at Championship level anyway. But several years in the MTL with Celtic have probably regressed his abilities considerably.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports