Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Johnny Cantor

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I like him well enough but he doesn't give enough info about where the play is on the pitch, or even which has team has possession at times.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I don't mind Cantor but we used to have a brilliant commentator in Andrew Hawes - thank all the wankers on here who hounded Hawes out :tosser:

It could be much worse, remember the bloke they had immediately after Hawes left, he could barely string a sentence together.

I think your re-writing history, Nobody hounded Andrew Hawes out.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think he's a good commentator - knowledgeable, decent sense of humour, doesn't love the sound of his own voice. Listen to some other BBC locals and you'll get an idea of poor they can be.

Your right, l don't know where the Beeb get some of their local sports commentators/summarisers from, they are direr than dire, (is there such a word as 'direr', probably not, but there should be!).

Johnny Cantor is far from perfect, but better than most l have come across.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I like JC, he does good job. We could have it a LOT worse e.g. the guy who does Crawley games

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Strikes me he's a bit like Alan Partridge. " Johnny Cantor, ah-ha!" Nah, he's OK.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Johnny Cantor if you read this thread could you PLEASE announce the score of the match you are commentating on more often.
I finished work this afternoon and put the radio on in my van, this was during the second half, I managed to drive for 15 minutes before I had any clue what the score was.
I was told it was windy in Middlesboro twice, someone had died in Brazil and what Crawley town were doing, I managed to drive from Lewes to Newhaven a while back without knowing the score of the match being played.:annoyed:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was there any rubbish on the pitch today?

If there was you'd have thought they'd mention it :jester:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Cantor needs to stop saying 'to be fair' and one week a team scored and I didn't know which one!!

D

Deleted User X18H

I won't claim to be big mates with him , but not only is Johnny a bloody good commentator he is also a thoroughly nice bloke.

I would often chat to him before and after press, he has a good knowledge and understanding of the game , and in my view describes the action perfectly.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Local radio, local fan and I like that. OK we could have a fully trained commentator who reads his Albion history from a script but no, I prefer this although I'm sure he'll take on board some of the comments here.

I bet if we all had a chance to commentate we'd be worried about over repeating things and maybe he forgets that people tune in & out, may not know the score or who has the corner.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I won't claim to be big mates with him , but not only is Johnny a bloody good commentator he is also a thoroughly nice bloke.

I would often chat to him before and after press, he has a good knowledge and understanding of the game , and in my view describes the action perfectly.
0.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
My biggest irritant is the bloke who does the post match interviews on seagulls player, I keep getting a flash of one hairy nostril as he pops his nose in and out of shot. He could at least trim his nostrils a bit.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

He is not a good commentator, he forgets to read out the score of the match he is commentating on, talks bollocks.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Get your act together Cantor, its not that difficult to talk about a game of football you are PAID to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here