John Travolta & The Socceroos .

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
This is kinda surreal ...,

Minutes after the socceroos have finally left the pitch ,
John Travolta ( a flying ambassador for major sponsor Qantas ) turns up unannouced in the aussie changing room with his missus
Kelly Preston . All the guys take one look at him and for some
unexplainable reason burst out a few lyrics of , "Your The One That I Want " . Next minute Travolta leads a reprieve and dances
with them all around the room singing songs from "Grease".

All in all , one hell of a f***ing fantastic night !

Gull Downunder

Jul 7, 2003
Melbourne
Yes indeed a memorable night for many reasons. Some weird and wonderful scenes from last night, Mr Travolta amongst them.

Twas a great nights viewing, if not a little stressful on the old ticker! Penalty shoot outs, though... Great if you go through a shit way to lose as we all know.

At last the Aussies put in a good performance, the required performance and after a nervous start, first 30 minutes, controlled the game from then on. Both teams probably could have won it in normal time but in the end the Uruguayans faded badly and the green and gold rightly won through. Two fine penalty saves by Schwartzer and Kewell proved to have what it takes, not outstanding, but provided the spark the Aussies needed. Definately my number two team in Germany. And if the two were to meet... naaaaaaaah England of course! :clap2:

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
It looks lively for the Summer with Trinidad joing the fray as well! There are going to be some superb parties.

Vicar!

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
The Maharajah of Sydney said:
This is kinda surreal ...,

Minutes after the socceroos have finally left the pitch ,
John Travolta ( a flying ambassador for major sponsor Qantas ) turns up unannouced in the aussie changing room with his missus
Kelly Preston . All the guys take one look at him and for some
unexplainable reason burst out a few lyrics of , "Your The One That I Want " . Next minute Travolta leads a reprieve and dances
with them all around the room singing songs from "Grease".

All in all , one hell of a f***ing fantastic night !

I am glad we got some fodder like Aus for the early rounds.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Re: John Travolta & The Socceroos .

WATFORD O said:
I am glad we got some fodder like Aus for the early rounds.
Teams like Australia worry me a bit. They have limited resources, but enough good players to ensure they make a fist of it against any nation you choose. And like Ireland in the '90s, their team picks itself which means they'll know each other inside out by the time the tournament comes round - and of course they'll be free of the pressure that accompanies wealthy and football-mad countries like England.

Add the fact that they love to beat the English in particular and would raise their game accordingly - and I'd have to say that they are the worst #4 seed we could possibly get. Give me one of the weaker African nations, any nation in the Americas (bar Brazil & Argentina) any day.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Re: Re: Re: John Travolta & The Socceroos .

Simster said:
Teams like Australia worry me a bit. They have limited resources, but enough good players to ensure they make a fist of it against any nation you choose. And like Ireland in the '90s, their team picks itself which means they'll know each other inside out by the time the tournament comes round - and of course they'll be free of the pressure that accompanies wealthy and football-mad countries like England.

Add the fact that they love to beat the English in particular and would raise their game accordingly - and I'd have to say that they are the worst #4 seed we could possibly get. Give me one of the weaker African nations, any nation in the Americas (bar Brazil & Argentina) any day.

They would raise their game and even Kewell might break a sweat against us. However I reckon that England would also be right up for a game like this and we would end up raping them by 3 or 4.

PS Viduka is an absolute c..t.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports