Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry - Full Kit W----r

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Do you think the Chelsea fans will be singing about being European champions again next season!?

Def o just had one texting me a min ago saying.
We know what we are champions of europe we know what we are.
Glory hunters they know what they are and as for terry what a muppet

Dr_Pepper

Oct 2, 2010
South England
Great thread. :thumbsup:

Are you not going to contribute more to the forum by doing each single thread for all the others players? Or even for other teams like when Rooney done it on Sunday? At least Terry being in his kit is so he can lift the trophy with Lampard unlike all the other players who put on the kit (same with Rooney).

Dr_Pepper

Oct 2, 2010
South England
Would it have been such a bad thing to allow the captain on the night, and new scoring record holder get it on his own? It's about having respect for your team mates, and if your not involved, let those that were take the glory. It wasn't that long ago you didn't get a medal if you didn't play, now you can get your friggin kit on including your pads (I mean really...) and lift it. Total ****.

Considering Terry and Lampard usually lift the trophy together when Terry is captain...

The respect as well when Terry came back from injury whilst Lampard was captain and told him to keep the armband for the rest of the match yet Lampard still handed it over to him?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Considering Terry and Lampard usually lift the trophy together when Terry is captain...

The respect as well when Terry came back from injury whilst Lampard was captain and told him to keep the armband for the rest of the match yet Lampard still handed it over to him?

Chelsea fan perchance?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Not a Chelsea fan, but don't blame him. Part of the team this season and loves the club to death.
And glad the trophy is coming to England ... dampening southern european (and German) arrogance that only they know how to win and play.

oh yes, I'm glad that JOHN TERRY and CHELSEA are up there. Hate for it to be someone arrogant.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Don't see the problem with it myself, IF we were in a cup final but Greer was injured and put his kit on to lift the trophy, I think I'd be delighted that it meant that much to him to be wearing the club colours when he lifted it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Sorry.....can't type....tears welling up in eyes......so touching........:lol:

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Really think it would have been the classy thing to do, let Lampard lift it, especially after the significance of the last week for him and the fact that its hardly the most important trophy in Chelsea's history. I'm sure United in the past have let Giggs lift a trophy for example.

Maybe Lampard didn't let him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Spurs, Chelsea, Benfica, and a host of others did. Silverware. Benfica were in agony after they failed.

An annoying competition until the near the end. Too many games, giving rested non-Europa players an advantage throughout the season in the PL.

This tournament has passed by most people I know. I guess if you're in it there is some interest but it seems no one outside is overly bothered by it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It's not often you see the words respect and Terry in the same sentence. Terry is a bell-end, and utter and complete bell-end. He has no redeeming features. So please, do not try and justify this idiot's actions.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I know I know!

He done it last time didn't he, he was brought up on a diet of stolen dog food, dog food eating ****!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Would it have been such a bad thing to allow the captain on the night, and new scoring record holder get it on his own? It's about having respect for your team mates, and if your not involved, let those that were take the glory. It wasn't that long ago you didn't get a medal if you didn't play, now you can get your friggin kit on including your pads (I mean really...) and lift it. Total ****.

When Swansea were playing in the Capital One Cup Final, Club Captain Garry Monk didn't start and Ashley Williams was Captain on the day. When Monk came on towards the end of the game (and I think this was only as a gesture by Laudrup to a very long serving player), Williams offered Monk the armband but he declined, knowing at that point they were going to win the game and that the skipper would be the one to lift the cup. When the team filed up to receive the cup and their medals, Ashley Williams insisted that Monk came with him and they lifted the cup together. After which Williams led the celebrations and is holding the cup alone in the on-pitch pictures, team photo etc. Class from both players and something most Prem footballers could never even understand I suspect.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
article-2147522-133580A0000005DC-869_634x417.jpg

article-2147522-133580FE000005DC-153_634x329.jpg

article-2147522-13358137000005DC-222_634x405.jpg

My personal favourite

article-2147522-133580B8000005DC-104_634x391.jpg

article-2147522-13357FE7000005DC-782_634x442.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Really think it would have been the classy thing to do, let Lampard lift it, especially after the significance of the last week for him and the fact that its hardly the most important trophy in Chelsea's history. I'm sure United in the past have let Giggs lift a trophy for example.

Maybe Lampard didn't let him.

Of course Lampard wouldn't let him, he does have a redeeming sense of class. It would have been up to Terry to force the issue and make sure Lampard got his moment on his own. If he had even an ounce of self respect that is, which clearly he hasn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here