Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry Confirmed as England Captain

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Can I just say apart from doing the dirty on an ex-girlfriend of a team mate, what possibly makes him and odious little wanker, a thug or many other pleasantries that have been blurted out on this thread. All I can see is some people believing everything they read in the papers, bring me one shred of 100% evidence that he even did do the dirty as far as I have seen its all allegations which is a bit Jeremy Kyle.

People are saying the England team died for them vs Germany, oh? so it wasn't the 40 year of shit players failing at every big stage before that then?

Hello John, Good win yesterday you odious little wanker.

bluestt

Feb 18, 2011
I think it's a weak decision from Capello but Ferdinand is wrong to snub the England manager and think about retiring from international football just because of this (if you believe the papers). Who does he think he is?!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I think it's a weak decision from Capello but Ferdinand is wrong to snub the England manager and think about retiring from international football just because of this (if you believe the papers). Who does he think he is?!

he hardly plays anyway - and to be honest, id quite happily see a number of the golden generation retire if it opens up spots for younger players coming through

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not at all. I like John Terry and think he is the best captain we've had since Bryan Robson. How a person can lose the captaincy because he shagged some bird that once went out with one of his teram mates is a mystery to me.

There's the small point of selling space in his own corporate box at Wembley on the black market. This box was given to him at a heavily discounted rate by the FA and, contractually, it stated there was to be no selling on. Apparently, the concession was given to Beckham and then extended to Terry when he got the armband. Unsurprisingly, Beckham never abused this privelege...

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
There's the small point of selling space in his own corporate box at Wembley on the black market. This box was given to him at a heavily discounted rate by the FA and, contractually, it stated there was to be no selling on. Apparently, the concession was given to Beckham and then extended to Terry when he got the armband. Unsurprisingly, Beckham never abused this privelege...

I wasn't aware of this. If it's true then IMO it's a much worse "crime" than shagging some bird.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Good response BoF but no alternative.

Alternatives:

Rio Ferdinand - done nothing wrong since getting captaincy, understands the position and acts accordingly, wide respect in football and in the England team
Steven Gerrard - again has done little wrong when had captaincy, inspirational leader by example (if not the chest thumping type), good with press and widely repected everywhere

What's wrong with those? Terry on the other hand is a divisive figure everywhere and especially in the England camp. he's fairly well known to be odious adn has abused his position time and time again. I can't think of a single reason to have him back! It's not like we were brilliant under him anyway!

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
As previously pointed out: the mother of his best friend's children. Would you get away with it a work? Either on a personal or professional level?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
As previously pointed out: the mother of his best friend's children. Would you get away with it a work? Either on a personal or professional level?

Yep - You'd be a tosser but you probably aren't going to lose your job over it.

The issue with JT being England captain is that in that position you're supposed to be a role model. I don't think someone who goes round cheating on his wife with the ex of one of his best mates is much of a role model. Anyone who thinks England captains job is just about what he does "on the pitch" is somewhat naive. Doing it in "normal" life is not comparable.

I'd give it to Dawson. Pretty young so we will have some continuity, desevers to be in the side IMO, and I don't recall him getting in much bother.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Nearly 5 pages and no mention of the fact that he has captained a side to 3 Premier League titles.

Clearly the best and most qualified for the job.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Not at all. I like John Terry and think he is the best captain we've had since Bryan Robson. How a person can lose the captaincy because he shagged some bird that once went out with one of his teram mates is a mystery to me.

This has to be a wind up. The bloke is completely odious. He should have been captain for two tournaments, the first we didn't qualify and the second he was such an embarressment he was stripped of the privilege. He has some leadership qualities, granted, but so should all the senior players. He is barely worth his place in the team any more anyway, just on footballing grounds, so hopefully he will be gone and forgotten soon enough. He certainly won't be remembered for any good reasons.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Nearly 5 pages and no mention of the fact that he has captained a side to 3 Premier League titles.

until now. perhaps now thats done we can get back on track with the unprecedented in my lifetime disillusionment with the national side, a world cup campaign tainted by his behaviour and its affect on squad morale, and the feeling that terry plays no small part in people being almightily f***ed off with the whole set up and its ethos, which lives in a bubble that thinks the country will accept any bullshit as they worship the three lions, and does not appreciate that their stock is at an all time low and hilariously names him permanent captain just apparently to piss in everyones wounds.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
You would have got rid of someone who seemingly had a great record and only lost 1 qualifier after we had already qualified?

Yes, I said it at the time, hes Sven all over again. Except as it turns out...not as good...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
until now. perhaps now thats done we can get back on track with the unprecedented in my lifetime disillusionment with the national side, a world cup campaign tainted by his behaviour and its affect on squad morale, and the feeling that terry plays no small part in people being almightily f***ed off with the whole set up and its ethos, which lives in a bubble that thinks the country will accept any bullshit as they worship the three lions, and does not appreciate that their stock is at an all time low and hilariously names him permanent captain just apparently to piss in everyones wounds.

I think my apathy for the national team has been waning for quite some time, has now hit an all-time low and could really not give a toss if the Welsh give us a good hiding next week, I doubt I'll be watching anyway. Thanks a lot Capello & Terry - good job all round.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Can I just say apart from doing the dirty on an ex-girlfriend of a team mate, what possibly makes him and odious little wanker, a thug or many other pleasantries that have been blurted out on this thread. All I can see is some people believing everything they read in the papers, bring me one shred of 100% evidence that he even did do the dirty as far as I have seen its all allegations which is a bit Jeremy Kyle.

People are saying the England team died for them vs Germany, oh? so it wasn't the 40 year of shit players failing at every big stage before that then?

I think there is overwhelming evidence that John Terry is an odious Wanker. Shagging your mates ex is deplorable (and if that's not true there would be lawyers involved) but the 2 worst 2 for me are

(1) The picture of his Bentley in a disabled parking spot. Typical John Terry that. f*** You. f*** everyone. Ignore the fact its £2 over the road. That space is mine. I know it's trivial almost but if any picture sums up all thats wrong with premier league footballers its that
(2) That pathetic outburst at the WC about how he was going to have a word with the manager. Those overpaid, wankers were in the lap of luxury for 3 weeks and they complained about being bored shitless. It's a good job the cricketers who have been away for months didn't think that way. At what point did ''JT'' think this was the miners strike.

This doesn't even start on his dubious leadership skills involving one of the worst displays at CB I have ever seen versus Germany. There are smaller farms than the space between him and Upson that day.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

1, It's not certain he ever did anything, I think most of the papers have published apologies and retracted the story
2, I'm fairly certain if I slept with all of my best mate's exs my work wouldn't give a shit

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
1, It's not certain he ever did anything, I think most of the papers have published apologies and retracted the story
2, I'm fairly certain if I slept with all of my best mate's exs my work wouldn't give a shit

Your not England Captain though !

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Oh, the wannabe's at it again, enjoy the (admittedly brief) time in the europa league did we, er, lad? get used to it because thats all you've got a chance of qualifying for next year, la.

Learn to take to a joke, geezer.

garethlewes

Nov 9, 2010
I think there is overwhelming evidence that John Terry is an odious Wanker. Shagging your mates ex is deplorable (and if that's not true there would be lawyers involved) but the 2 worst 2 for me are

(1) The picture of his Bentley in a disabled parking spot. Typical John Terry that. f*** You. f*** everyone. Ignore the fact its £2 over the road. That space is mine. I know it's trivial almost but if any picture sums up all thats wrong with premier league footballers its that
(2) That pathetic outburst at the WC about how he was going to have a word with the manager. Those overpaid, wankers were in the lap of luxury for 3 weeks and they complained about being bored shitless. It's a good job the cricketers who have been away for months didn't think that way. At what point did ''JT'' think this was the miners strike.

This doesn't even start on his dubious leadership skills involving one of the worst displays at CB I have ever seen versus Germany. There are smaller farms than the space between him and Upson that day.

As said since this comment most papers have retracted their statements and issued apologies, so what you are really basing your hatred on is the fact he parked in a disabled spot. I bet if there was a poll on here how many people have parked in a disabled spot there would be a higher proportion of yes to no. Just go down to your nearest Tesco or any other supermarket and look how many parked in the disabled spaces actually have a disabled badge. The pathetic outburst was to try to regain some sort of respect back from the player (which clearly failed) but would he have had to do that if the papers hadn't printed all their bollocks. So therefore your argument is completely based on the fact he parked on a disabled spot wow big deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here