Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Stones £47.5M to Man City - Barnsley to receive £7m-£9m from sell on-clause

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
With Barnsley's new injection of funds, can we get them to buy back O'Grady? I'd take 5m, still leave them with a bit left over.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Barnsley deserve this - he was with them for 12 years.

Why ??

Stones has only recently whilst at Everton become a £47m player, I doubt whether him turning up at a windy Barnsley Centre of Excellence impacted with any great measure on his rise to become the player he his today, Barnsley got their money from his market value when they sold him for a few million, why they should receive more money from the work of his subsequent coaches that have no link with Barnsley seems a strange set of circumstances driven by a Premier League with more money than sense.

Why not throw a few million at his parents, his school, his youth club, his local club too, all as worthy as Barnsley no doubt, good luck to Barnsley but these are silly clauses if you think them through.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am just catching up on this. £47.5million? for John Stones? John Stones? That is the English defender that wasn't even able to get into the failed England team for most of last year? Not the free scoring striker that I've just made up.

How can the world of football have got to a point where a standard English defender is worth £47.5million?

Modern football is a timebomb waiting to explode. Just completely ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here