Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] John Lydon = Nostradamus?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It’s an amazing song. Had this on 12”. Shame Lydon turned into such a prick.
Indeed, he's become a reactionary, Trump-supporting, Right-wing bore, just like that other former champion of society's 'outsiders' and the marginalised, Morrissey.

Lydon has lived for decades in Santa Monica, California, clearly financially comfortable, yet tries just a little too hard to present himself as the authentic voice of the working-class. I now find him obnoxious and embarrassing.

The song is amazing, though; I bought it when it first came out!

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed, he's become a reactionary Right-wing bore, just like that other former champion of society's 'outsiders' and the marginalised, Morrissey.

The song is amazing, though!
Have you seen the panel discussion he did with Marky Ramone and Duff Mckegan amongst others? It’s weird and just embarrassing especially when he criticizes Marky for being a JCL not knowing he played on Richard Hell and the Voidoids album which predates Lydon.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed, he's become a reactionary, Trump-supporting, Right-wing bore, just like that other former champion of society's 'outsiders' and the marginalised, Morrissey.

Lydon has lived for decades in Santa Monica, California, clearly financially comfortable, yet tries just a little too hard to present himself as the authentic voice of the working-class. I now find him obnoxious and embarrassing.

The song is amazing, though; I bought it when it first came out!
I bought this when it came out as well. It’s a really powerful song which still sounds fresh today. Agree with your obnoxious and embarrassing comment.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think I'd moved from Lydon by the time this came out....1984.....PiL and Metal Box were good . . . this is a bit cartoonish. And turgid compared with this:

As others have said . . . I'm quite shocked at how Lydon has morphed into gammon. He had become a parody of himself by the time he release Rise. The sight of geriatric 'punks' at the Pistols reunion gigs was pitiful and cringeworthy.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He was an amazing Husband and spoke with great empathy and understanding regarding Dementia. Credit for that

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Is that the Countrylife Butter bloke?

Didn't realise he was in a band...

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
He was an amazing Husband and spoke with great empathy and understanding regarding Dementia. Credit for that
He was heartbroken when he lost his wife, Nora.

It may have turned up on your YT feed @Lenny Rider because he was interviewed by the Sunday Times then the Daily Fail reported it on Monday apparently so he’s probably trending (you’ve just added to it!)

Last edited:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
This is how I prefer to remember him - one of the greatest debut 'singles' ever!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here