Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Inman RIP

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Man of Harveys said:

I think I'm right in saying that now the truth about his dark secret can be told: he was a happily married man, apparently.

The Large One said:
Inman's long-term partner, Ron Lynch, is said to be "devastated" at his death.

well, that's cleared that up then:safeway

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Rusco said:
well, that's cleared that up then:safeway
:jester: :jester: :jester:
I don't where I'd heard that from...:lolol: :lolol:

:lolol: :lolol:

Good ol' Inman, still making us laugh with gay innuendo :clap:

Strange - a bloke plays the total woofter all his life, walks like a screamer, acts exactly like a mincer all the way, and there are rumours that he's really straight!

I'm talking of course, of Simon Jordan.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Anyone else seen the Are You Being Served FILM? For some reason every 70s sitcom had to have a dreadful spinoff film, usually featuring the regulars going off on holiday somewhere.

Spanish hotelier "Ah yes, these are tenthouses, not penthouses. Whenever I'm having a t, I'm having a p."
Humphries "Remind me to take coffee".

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Rising Damp film was ok

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Uncle Spielberg said:
Rising Damp film was ok

I noticed with Rising Damp film that alot of the stuff that appeared in the series appeared on the film. Happened with 'Love Thy Neighbour' also.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Man of Harveys said:
Anyone else seen the Are You Being Served FILM? For some reason every 70s sitcom had to have a dreadful spinoff film, usually featuring the regulars going off on holiday somewhere.

Yes, i've seen that. Very sandy.
With all such makings, studios died and narrative had to be strangely physicalised by single idea-men who only had concepts of postcard serialisation of lost realities. Nothing morbid or deep or worth remembering. Just relationships aborted and thrust into racially torturous surrounds in order to split them for good and wish forever for home.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Pantomime dame? Christ, if I heard the audience shouting "He's behind you!" I'd turn around pretty sharpish!

Inman was as gay as a lord, made Grayson seem like Stallone by comparison.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Man of Harveys said:

Spanish hotelier "Ah yes, these are tenthouses, not penthouses. Whenever I'm having a t, I'm having a p."
Humphries "Remind me to take coffee".

Not a bad film as that kind of thing goes.

I love AYBS as a series though, Between Inman camping it up all over the place and Mrs. Slocombe's pussy, it was British innuendo comedy at it's best, almost like 'Carry On Grace Brothers' at times.

RIP John

:angel:

Last edited:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
I like the "Rising Damp" film, even though the replacement for Richard Beckinsale is a bit bland, and the look of it, outside the studio setting, seems a little jarring at first. Some lovely dream sequence scenes, though.
And the dramatic revelations at the end are poignantly-done, about Rigsby's first name and Philip's real origins.

The Likely Lads movie is fun, too, and the Porridge one isn't too bad.

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
When I was about eight or nine on me hols in Margate at Grandparent's place(Mums's from there) and was taken to the cinema on Margate sea-front by my Mother.
Line of about 30 people wating for the doors to open when this guy in a leather jacket and jeans walked-up and asked everbody
what time the film was.
Thought nothing of it untill my Mother said to me,
DO YOU KNOW WHO THAT WAS?
Did not have a clue as ARE YOU BEING SERVED had only been on TV about for it's first few months.
Turns-out it was none other than the aformentiend Mr Inman.
HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here