Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John "Goldfinger" Palmer. Would you help catch his killer? Crimewatch Tonight

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Off topic I know but not being particularly clued up on the Lawrence case, did any of the rozzers who protected the (alleged) murderers actually get done or just slapped on the wrist?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Off topic I know but not being particularly clued up on the Lawrence case, did any of the rozzers who protected the (alleged) murderers actually get done or just slapped on the wrist?

Don't know, were individual failures in all that (from the police side) ever identified? I know they were branded "institutionally racist" over the many collective failings, but no idea if the finger was ever pointed at specific individuals.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Don't know, were individual failures in all that (from the police side) ever identified? I know they were branded "institutionally racist" over the many collective failings, but no idea if the finger was ever pointed at specific individuals.
Thought there was a connection between one of the senior officers and the dodgy family. Can't remember as I say but recall reading some stuff about it that left a very bad taste.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Thought there was a connection between one of the senior officers and the dodgy family. Can't remember as I say but recall reading some stuff about it that left a very bad taste.

There were allegations that Detective Sergeant John Davidson was being paid off by Clifford Norris, the father of David Norris, one of the suspects, to undermine the investigation

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
There were allegations that Detective Sergeant John Davidson was being paid off by Clifford Norris, the father of David Norris, one of the suspects, to undermine the investigation
That's the one, cheers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here