Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Catt

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Obviously I can't possibly say in what capacity I came across this information working for B&H Council, but I happened to stumble across a recent complaint from our old friend Mr Catt:-

His gripe? It was a noise complaint: The Amex stadium has been using it's tannoy throughout the day.

That's it. He doesn't even live anywhere near there (as we all know from his Withdean complaints)?!

I don't believe this is true. I think you've got the wrong end of the stick

Catt has complained long and hard about the noise of the tannoy at the WITHDEAN Stadium, during the week. I'm sure this is what his complaint will be referring to. He once went door to door trying to enlist support from other residents for a campaign to ban school sports days, because of the excessive noise.

My Mum told him that she didn't find the sound of children enjoying themselves offensive, and to never set foot on their property again.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This thread got my hopes up - I was expecting to see some RIP's :(

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This thread got my hopes up - I was expecting to see some RIP's :(

Even when that day comes, you know he'll never rest in peace.

He'll be challenging the grim reaper in the European Court, demanding to know what database they got his name from. Then once up there he'll challenge the original planning permission for the pearly gates, and try to get a noise abatement order lodged against the choirs of angels.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Do please remember that, whilst he may be 'asset rich', he is NOT 'cash rich'. So any libel will come out of the pocket of the tax payer.

Withdean was a nicer and kinder place before he moved in (early 2000s?).

In fact, crime has definitely soared in that period. Coincidence?

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Do please remember that, whilst he may be 'asset rich', he is NOT 'cash rich'. So any libel will come out of the pocket of the tax payer.

Withdean was a nicer and kinder place before he moved in (early 2000s?).

In fact, crime has definitely soared in that period. Coincidence?

Sorry about that I moved into Valley Drive around the time...

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Did a search for John Catt and it turned up hundreds of answers.

Could someone point the way to the thread which best reveals why he is so infamous?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Did a search for John Catt and it turned up hundreds of answers.

Could someone point the way to the thread which best reveals why he is so infamous?

This summarises the situation and has other links within it.

Basically an elderly chap who launches all sorts of lawsuits, with legal aid. Re: him vs Albion - He was trying his hardest to get us out of Withdean Stadium. He moved in to the area after the Albion had already nested in the Theatre of Trees.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...k-us-staying-at-Withdean&highlight=catt+legal

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
I don't believe this is true. I think you've got the wrong end of the stick

Catt has complained long and hard about the noise of the tannoy at the WITHDEAN Stadium, during the week. I'm sure this is what his complaint will be referring to. He once went door to door trying to enlist support from other residents for a campaign to ban school sports days, because of the excessive noise.

My Mum told him that she didn't find the sound of children enjoying themselves offensive, and to never set foot on their property again.

Without wanting to appear rude haans, I'm fairly clear about the fact that THE WITHDEAN and THE AMEX are different venues and we've played there at different times. I am also fully aware of Mr Catt's complaints against the club at our previous stadium.

Just to clarify - there was a noise complaint made by Mr J Catt about the tannoy (sorry public address system!!) at The Amex stadium being used all day. He made this complaint in August 2013.

I don't think I have the wrong end of any stick.

Great story about your Mum though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Without wanting to appear rude haans, I'm fairly clear about the fact that THE WITHDEAN and THE AMEX are different venues and we've played there at different times. I am also fully aware of Mr Catt's complaints against the club at our previous stadium.

Just to clarify - there was a noise complaint made by Mr J Catt about the tannoy (sorry public address system!!) at The Amex stadium being used all day. He made this complaint in August 2013.

I don't think I have the wrong end of any stick.

Great story about your Mum though.

This rather implies he takes himself- perhaps with a set of garden chairs and a picnic?- and drives himself over to Falmer on match days, just so he can sit around and be annoyed by the sound of the stadium?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I didn't know we had a swimming pool, where the freakin hell is that?

How does it's up keep effect FFP. There not cheap, you know.
['
It's due to the FFP rules that Barber had to find a new way to water the pitch,hence the above pic about earning cash and getting them to water the pitch.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
It wouldn't surprise me at all if he's bought himself a property in Falmer just so that he could make a thorough nuisance of himself there by complaining about the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here