Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jogging idiots disengaging their brains!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If you think I'm spending my evening choosing between the Social Distancing thread, Official Running thread, Exercise thread and Coronavirus c*** thread because someone wants five minutes of look at me attention you've got another thing coming.

The point was there are literally FOUR other threads where this would have fitted, but none of which are the same as each other :facepalm:

Fair play, I definitely wouldn't have seen this thread if you moved it to the running or exercise threads. :D

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fair play, I definitely wouldn't have seen this thread if you moved it to the running or exercise threads. :D

And yet the OP could have received a reply and advice from a group of people who are trying to exercise considerately and have been out and about doing it long before CV19. But, yeah, a fraction of the attention.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I’ve found most people to be very courteous whilst out for a walk. Keeping a respectful 2m gap, and a friendly hello.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’ve found most people to be very courteous whilst out for a walk. Keeping a respectful 2m gap, and a friendly hello.

I've found most people to be very courteous whilst out for a walk, keeping a respectful 10M gap when I'm with my Rottweilers. :smile:

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
A & E probably filling up with achilles, shinsplints and knee Injuries as we speak.

I've never seen anything like it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
And yet the OP could have received a reply and advice from a group of people who are trying to exercise considerately and have been out and about doing it long before CV19. But, yeah, a fraction of the attention.

Would have made interesting reading if he had posted on the official running thread, a bit like going on the cycling thread and telling them they should have road tax. :whistle: :wink:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Unfortunately a lot of the joggers think social distancing doesn't apply to them. Had similar experiences to the ones recounted here.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have run virtually every day since lockdown, not had any issues with walkers or other runners (although both are capable of being twats - it’s people that are stupid, they’re not defied by their hobbies). Everyone I’ve encountered has been courteous, I’ve gone out of my way to give people a wide berth, have stopped to let people pass on narrower tracks and had people do the same for me.

The gym-bunnies who have had to take up running because their place of worship and selfie-taking are closed are easy to spot. Will have some or all of shiny white trainers, enormous Beats headphones, World Gym-type clothing and a phone in their hand.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
As car drivers, you get used to tw*ts not thanking you for letting them pass or out of a junction. Now handbags between walkers, joggers and cyclists.

Never a dull moment in Blighty.

As a motorist, I usually just say quietly, "you're welcome... ********!" and the ire passes, I think best not to employ this method on the pavements though.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I had this today on the Downs on the trail between Cisssbury Ring and Chanctonbury Ring, with a family (presumably) of four stretched right across the trail. They were going the same way as me, so couldn't see me coming.

As I approached I gave a "beep beep" (I was mulling what to say to catch their attention, and this was the best I could come up with). They turned and it all became a bit Runaround as they quickly tried to stand aside, but chose different sides. I slowed whilst this played out, they came to a consensus, and I passed with a cheery "thanks!"

I had something similar while riding towards the Amex, except it was a couple and they were walking towards me as I approached. They duly moved together, to one side, however decided that the best place to stand would be on the side of the path that I was riding on.

They still got a smile and a nod out of me but as I was riding past I couldn't help but think there could have been a better option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here