[Football] Joey Barton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can’t see that lasting long.
He will need to choose his guests well....as has been demonstrated on Twitter and Question Time he's not the sharpest and his arguments can be taken apart quite easily.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The female TV personalities he's bullying and harassing, I'd imagine.
True. Up until now, aside from the various people he has beaten up or stubbed out cigars on, his actions have mostly been amusing. The art gallery is my favourite but the fake French accent is a genuine WTF. His Question Time appearence is funny as well; introduced as the philosophy footballer then proceeds to show he's anything but. I also notice the grammatical error on his new postcast strapline. The guy is an utter moron.

This new stuff is plain bullying though, disgusting bullying.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Not bad. Liew's a bit hit and miss for me but he does touch on something worrying there.

My 'for you' is now a complete mess since Musk's takeover. Full of conspiracy nonsense and far right clap trap. I'd stick to my 'Following' but for two reasons; firstly sometimes the trending stories become actual discussed 'things' such as the OP for this thread and secondly I'm slightly obsessed, in a worried kind of way, about what he's doing. Musk is genuinely a Bond villain, but rather than send Bond after him, many of the leaders of the Free World are lapping it up. It's no wonder clowns like Barton feel enabled when they're shoved on preference by algorithms ahead of real journalists who've done the hard yards (see the irony there Joey?).

No wonder all the big advertisers have left, to be replaced by drop ship scams, fake iPhone games and crypto bros.
Oh tell me about it. I clicked on Barton's tweet to see what the fuss was all about and not my "for you page" is a complete shambles. Honestly, it's all far right loons and conspiracy theorists. That part of the app is useless to me.

Weirdly, when I click on more moderate content, I get nothing like the level of spam... It's almost as if that's the point.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just listened to the Piers Morgan interview. Incoherent, no real evidence to back up his comments, back-tracking, didn’t answer most of the questions and ultimately a bottler when asked to name someone. Fumbled his words a few times as well.

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Barton seems to want to make himself totally unemployable and will then blame everyone else.
He did that (or should have) a long time ago, when he stubbed out his cigarette in somebody's eye.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Who gives two shits what Joey f***ing Barton thinks?

Proved himself to be an absolute lowlife time and time again.
Asks poster #162.

For some reason he triggers a strange fascination. Like Anne Widdicomb, Jonathan King and Chief Mangosuthu Buthelezi (or Brutalandlazy, as Private Eye used to call him)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just listened to the Piers Morgan interview. Incoherent, no real evidence to back up his comments, back-tracking, didn’t answer most of the questions and ultimately a bottler when asked to name someone. Fumbled his words a few times as well.
Personality disorder.

When I was four I met a boy outside my house in Rottingdean, a proper charmer, who invited me to go for a walk. We went all the way down to the beach and back. A great mate! Then I fell over near my house and cut my knee, so he ran off and left me. My mum was furious, and upset that I had been missing an hour.

Barton has always reminded me of that boy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Personality disorder.

When I was four I met a boy outside my house in Rottingdean, a proper charmer, who invited me to go for a walk. We went all the way down to the beach and back. A great mate! Then I fell over near my house and cut my knee, so he ran off and left me. My mum was furious, and upset that I had been missing an hour.

Barton has always reminded me of that boy.
‘A bit of a ***t’ as we would have known such a lad back in the day

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought of him yesterday when I heard the announcement about the female referee taking charge in the PL game. In fact, I'm surprised he actually made it to the game last night because I thought his head might've exploded because, to him, that decision would've meant football had gone truly WOKE!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He really is an odd individual, with a lot of hate to deal with.

I've just had a gander at his latest SPOTY-related meltdown, courtesy of numerous tweets (having previously gone after Alex(c) Scott for promoting her book) and I really don't get what he's trying to say or achieve. I'm also not quite sure why he's suddenly suggesting names that should be on the shortlist now (Ronnie O'Sullivan, Kevin Sinfield and some MMA dude), rather than weeks ago when the original list from the BBC was announced.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023

Most predictable tweet ever..and getting into the Christmas spirit as he truly is the gift that keeps on giving! Be very interested to see what, if any, clubs give him any employment opportunities, considering his continual social media gold.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
He really is an odd individual, with a lot of hate to deal with.

I've just had a gander at his latest SPOTY-related meltdown, courtesy of numerous tweets (having previously gone after Alex(c) Scott for promoting her book) and I really don't get what he's trying to say or achieve. I'm also not quite sure why he's suddenly suggesting names that should be on the shortlist now (Ronnie O'Sullivan, Kevin Sinfield and some MMA dude), rather than weeks ago when the original list from the BBC was anannounced.
He's really incredibly stupid. It's the argument of a dense 4 year old.
Note to the anti-woke/cancel brigade - Barton will now no longer be employable (except to maybe GB News) not because he's cancelled but because he has proved beyond any doubt to any prospective employers, that he's an utter moron with incredibly dim witted views.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports