Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Both of his problems are on record. He has long term counseling for the first, and has admitted the second himself. I first saw him live up at the JJB (as it was) playing for Man City. He was amazing. Unfortunately his young man's problems (as they are, most florid in youth) won't fade away until his legs are gone . . . . I wish him all the best.

Nicely put. Real shame isn't it....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is one of the biggest misconceptions in English football IMO. He's bullshitted all over twitter so much that somehow his own self-created hype has crept into people's subconscious and rooted itself there, leading otherwise intelligent individuals to believe he is either (a) intelligent, (b) misunderstood, or (c) a good footballer. There was a stat that his last season with QPR he had the worst pass completion rate of any central midfielder in the Premier League. Woeful for a "ball playing" midfielder, and even more so for one who regularly criticises the England selectors for overlooking him. He's an arrogant, violent simpleton, and if he does stay with QPR (which I can't see, they'll get rid of him somehow) he'll come up against Bridcutt and see what a genuinely class midfielder looks like.

PS: He'll also probably snap Buckley in half and makes some gestures to the North Stand as he trudges back to the tunnel on 62 minutes. For that reason more than any I hope El-Abd re-signs. Adam will chew the little rat up and sh!t him out.

This. The Guardian ran an article a couple of seasons ago detailing his stats and he is woeful, bottom of the Prem. The only people who think he is good are goons who like a trier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here