Joey Barton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
If ref played advantage shouldn't Arsenal have got a penalty the second Barton attacked him?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Watch out Joey- Leon's gonna get ya :facepalm: "LeonKnight82 Leon Knight-I was rating barton before for being a man and speaking he's mind but now its a #roadmanting when I see him #realtalk"

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Watch out Joey- Leon's gonna get ya :facepalm: "LeonKnight82 Leon Knight-I was rating barton before for being a man and speaking he's mind but now its a #roadmanting when I see him #realtalk"

Followed by: What you's want me to call this punk out .... I will #knight he's arse #realtalk

Don't think you'd come off best personally Leon.

Jul 30, 2011
London
It really pisses me off when I read all this shit about Barton. Yeah I can't deny he has had a dodgy past but that doesn't justify the way people treat him or the way people go on about him. He is a good player (I would love to have him with us!) and he looks like he has turned a leaf. What Song did was appalling - should have been sent off without hesitation, I even think something should be done now - definite intent there!

And Gervinho yep another red card. The dive was shameful, he should have be sent off for that alone. I admit Barton shouldn't have reacted the way he did - it was a yellow card and that's what he got - so far game for me, you can't say that Barton 'attacked' him - what a load of utter shite!!! As for Gervinho's reaction - hitting Barton in the face and poking Taylor, without a doubt he should have got sent off. Barton may have fallen over a bit easier but that doesn't matter - as his Tweets said earlier he was emphasising the foul - hit in the face red card it is!!

Barton gets a lot of undeserved press and I feel sorry for him, the Newcastle games I've watched show that players take advantage of the 'bad boy' image of Barton, trying to get him to react. In my opinion he is a class player!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
If you have played the game you will know what it feels like to be the receipient of relentless niggles, unfairnesses and damn right nastiness, all to go unseen by the ref who consistently fails to protect you or even sanction the offender. I remember my blood boiling on more than one occassion, to see the offender laughing at you and taking the piss while you are playing can be somtimes hard to take. Barton is undoubtedly a hothead but, I think he rails against perceived injustice and unfortunately reacts. He IS a good player but, tempermentally a liability. Shame

Last edited:

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
Barton - TWAT of the highest nature- end of

Er so Gervinho dives in an attempt to win a pen, Barton confronts him, Gervinho slaps him and Barton goes down easily. Serves Gervinho right for cheating in the first place!

Anyway, football is theater, I enjoy all the dramatic dives (love soccer am with the diving montage in slo mo), the handbags, the dramatic gesticulations etc, it's all great fun. Why do people get so angry about all this? Those who judge are too moralistic for me and I imagine are not as 'holier than thou' as they make out!

It's seems to be a cultural thing re 'cheating', in Spain, Italy, South America etc 'conning' the ref is seen as a an art, a skill and part of the game. I wish we would accept this over here so I don't have to suffer mock outrage like displayed on this thread. These countries aren't morally redundant in other aspects of their culture, if anything we are worse but as soon as someone dives to win a pen, they are, in the words of Alan Partridge 'sub human scum'.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It really pisses me off when I read all this shit about Barton. Yeah I can't deny he has had a dodgy past but that doesn't justify the way people treat him or the way people go on about him. He is a good player (I would love to have him with us!) and he looks like he has turned a leaf. What Song did was appalling - should have been sent off without hesitation, I even think something should be done now - definite intent there!

And Gervinho yep another red card. The dive was shameful, he should have be sent off for that alone. I admit Barton shouldn't have reacted the way he did - it was a yellow card and that's what he got - so far game for me, you can't say that Barton 'attacked' him - what a load of utter shite!!! As for Gervinho's reaction - hitting Barton in the face and poking Taylor, without a doubt he should have got sent off. Barton may have fallen over a bit easier but that doesn't matter - as his Tweets said earlier he was emphasising the foul - hit in the face red card it is!!

Barton gets a lot of undeserved press and I feel sorry for him, the Newcastle games I've watched show that players take advantage of the 'bad boy' image of Barton, trying to get him to react. In my opinion he is a class player!
Class player...twat of the highest order

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Gervinho barely touched him, in fact Barton should have been sent off for grabbing him but the ref's back was turned. Disgraceful really but what else do you expect from him?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Barton is unquestionably a moronic little twunt but in this case i do feel that had the ref spotted the blatant, malicious, stamp by Song on Barton earlier then Barton would not have been quite so under the red mist. I'm not defending his actions, but bad refereeing led to it.

Gervinho deserved to go - you cannot strike someone, no matter what the provocation.

I completely agree with this. Bad refereeing led to Barton's red mist - not defending his actions though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports