Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton returns to Burnley

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Blimey - a rat joining a sinking ship. That's a new one.

Rat? yes, sinking ship/ I'm not so sure. Whilst Burnley undoubtably play a very different style of football to ours, what they do do, is play to their strengths.

At the end of the day they have managed to get themselves into the Premier League playing it, something we haven't managed to do yet.

I also believe that Sean Dyche is the ideal manager for Burnley FC..

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Can the Scouse **** do that then? I thought the transfer window was in January.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Rat? yes, sinking ship/ I'm not so sure. Whilst Burnley undoubtably play a very different style of football to ours, what they do do, is play to their strengths.

At the end of the day they have managed to get themselves into the Premier League playing it, something we haven't managed to do yet.

I also believe that Sean Dyche is the ideal manager for Burnley FC..

Hehehehehe, "do do"

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Whilst Burnley undoubtably play a very different style of football to ours, what they do do, is play to their strengths.

Pack their side with 6ft+ players, throw lots of high balls into the box, and have a thug in the middle of the pitch to stamp on people. Reminds me of a South London side of the 90s.

Think I'd rather watch us in the Championship.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Pack their side with 6ft+ players, throw lots of high balls into the box, and have a thug in the middle of the pitch to stamp on people. Reminds me of a South London side of the 90s.

The thing is, he is a good passer of a football in my opinion...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He would be a squad player at best in the Premier League. Suspect Dyche likes him around the dressing room though.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
He would be a squad player at best in the Premier League. Suspect Dyche likes him around the dressing room though.

I think that's close to home, as I said I can't see him signing for us. Our season is at a bit of a crossroads, so having someone around who was popular with the players can only help.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The thing is, he is a good passer of a football in my opinion...

well thats his biggest crime isnt it? he is a talented footballer, just with a big ego and violent streak he doesn't control.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think that's close to home, as I said I can't see him signing for us. Our season is at a bit of a crossroads, so having someone around who was popular with the players can only help.
Dyche is probably just after some tips.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Argus now reports that Stephens is being linked with interest from Celtic!!

FFS, I dont know where all this is coming from....is it the player, is it his agent...or is it just lazy journalism??

All this chat in the media is not good and I'm glad that the club appear to be stamping on it

If this is true and DS is courting this attention, then as much as I would want him to stay, I would 'take the money and get rid as it is clearly unsettling for him and the rest of the squad'

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Argus now reports that Stephens is being linked with interest from Celtic!!

FFS, I dont know where all this is coming from....is it the player, is it his agent...or is it just lazy journalism??

All this chat in the media is not good and I'm glad that the club appear to be stamping on it

If this is true and DS is courting this attention, then as much as I would want him to stay, I would 'take the money and get rid as it is clearly unsettling for him and the rest of the squad'

I agree. The other players will need to step up and I do trust them to do just that

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I don't like what they do any more than you, but their style certainly works for them with the players that they have. And if that's what it takes to reach the Premier League, I wouldn't necessarily say no..

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
He's a free agent having had his contract cancelled, so free to join anyone and play straight away I believe.

He can't sign for another club until the window opens in January as he was signed to Rangers when the last window closed.

Warnock was able to sign Hoilett, Bamba and Chamakh for Cardiff outside of the normal period because none of those three were signed to a club at the end of the previous transfer window shutting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here