Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton going to Rangers?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'd wouldn't have minded him down here next season - I do think we need to toughen up a bit sometimes.

I would say outplaying someone, getting stamped on and continuing to outplay him is tougher than deliberately landing your weight on an opponent in an attempt to injure him with no regard to his future. I would say that the latter is not toughness, but underhand, snidey and cowardly, particularly when followed by denial and lies about intent on social media. Everyone who has played football knows that you are lying Joey. You did it deliberately. Are you going to wait to admit it in your autobiography like that other 'tough guy' Roy Keane?

I suspected that Dyche wouldn't want him in the Premier League, unfortunately he has seen direct evidence of a central midfielder who is younger, stronger and more technically gifted than Barton. I just hope when Dyche comes waving a cheque book (something that 'little Burnley' never do of course), that Kayal remembers the manager's utter disregard for his safety after the game and sends him packing.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Pleased to get him out of the country. What a shame the likes of Jimmy Case and Graeme Souness aren't playing any more.. they'd have destroyed a runt like Barton, both physically and in terms of footballing ability.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I wonder what he's doing in this picture.

232068_1.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And the transfer rumour accounts on Twatter now saying Burnley are planning a move for Kayal.

If it happens then Barton will have dicked us twice, the smug little turd.
I'm not sure they'll tempt him away.

Could well just be unimaginative fan guesswork anyway.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I still don't understand how he got in last season's Championship 11. His major skill seemed to be identifying the opposition's best performing player and committing borderline assault on him whilst looking up and seeing long balls to Gray whistle past above his smug ****ing face.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Probably a stunt to promote the philosopher Joseph Barton's autobiography which just happens to be out, oh what a strange coincidence, next week...

51REp9RewpL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Pretty much required reading (for free) tho, to be fair, if only to savour the self-delusion of the tvvat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here