Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton / Chris Hughton NUFC MUST READ ARTICLE FROM NEWS NOW

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stephens out, Barton in, & an extra £10m in the 'buy a striker' fund.

:sick:

We get Roger Marti, and the opportunity to boo at every game, what's not to love.

runs off to find tin hat.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I read the Argus article before seeing this thread and reading all the stuff on it.

Don't like JB in the least, but he was very complimentary about CH, his dignity and honesty, rude about the Newcastle regime at the time and regretting the part he might have played in CH's downfall.

No, I don't need JB to show me that CH is a diamond in a sea of paste jewellery, but it was interesting to read.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I only started this thread because I thought it would reinforce out satisfaction in having Chris Hughton, probably the most respected manager the EFL, as our manager.

Sorry I did and I will post no further on the thread !!

Barton I respect less than anyone responding but, the excerpts quoted from his book in the Argus are interesting and not at all negative towards CH.

FS - I wasn't being negative towards you opening the thread. I was actually having an opinion on the article itself and not your decision to start the thread. Apologies if it came across otherwise

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I read the Argus article before seeing this thread and reading all the stuff on it.

Don't like JB in the least, but he was very complimentary about CH, his dignity and honesty, rude about the Newcastle regime at the time and regretting the part he might have played in CH's downfall.

No, I don't need JB to show me that CH is a diamond in a sea of paste jewellery, but it was interesting to read.

This bit, for me. I've no interest in reading about him. Plenty of opinions I'd take of CH over Joey Barton's.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
To be honest I don't hold any major negativity towards Joey Barton. He was very supportive and positive of Chris when he was sacked in the post match interview in the match after Chris was sacked by Newcastle.

However I don't see what good it does to release snippets in the press now. Chris is well over it a long time ago and to be honest Mike Ashley and Derek Lambias are not the type of people who will give a flying **** about what is said about them.

Chris has got a job in hand to do now here at Brighton and he is probably enjoying his ride back to the Premiership with Brighton.

Is what Barton is saying true ? Who cares !

Chris never felt the need to release anything to the Press or write a book for a few bucks and that is what sets him above many other people within football in the football industry because when you write a book you need to slag someone off to help it sell. Otherwise the Publisher won't publish and he is far to honourable a bloke to do that.

Agree with all of this except the first sentence. C**t of the highest order.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Barton is a funny one. He often talks a lot of sense. He appears intelligent, he's articulate and self-aware. Which is pretty rare in the football world.

Then he goes an behaves like an absolute moron for the millionth time and all is undone.

The man is not worth listening to because the picture he paints of himself bears no resemblance at all to the Joey Barton who lives in the real world.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Barton is a funny one. He often talks a lot of sense. He appears intelligent, he's articulate and self-aware. Which is pretty rare in the football world.

Then he goes an behaves like an absolute moron for the millionth time and all is undone.

The man is not worth listening to because the picture he paints of himself bears no resemblance at all to the Joey Barton who lives in the real world.

He absolutely has mental issues so perhaps we are being harsh? When he hangs his boots up I can see another Gazza in the making.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
He absolutely has mental issues so perhaps we are being harsh? When he hangs his boots up I can see another Gazza in the making.

If he has mental issues then everybody around him should be telling him to shut up. Stop talking in the press, stop writing books, stop thrusting himself into the limelight by being a dick head and just. play. football.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If he has mental issues then everybody around him should be telling him to shut up. Stop talking in the press, stop writing books, stop thrusting himself into the limelight by being a dick head and just. play. football.

Some people don't take advice.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whether you like him or not (nobody does obviously, he's a twunt), its still an interesting insight. Multi-millionaire footballers, led by Barton, threatening to go on strike the night before a game, over bonuses. What a bunch of cackbadgers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here