Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton Banned from Rangers

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
He's of those lovely people who mistake a stunning lack of social awareness for bluntly spoken assertiveness.

Utter utter tool.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yes, but what a lot of you are failing to remember, is that none of it is ever his fault!

You're right. I remember after he lamped Tevez, got sent off, kicked Aguero, had to be dragged away and got banned for 12 games........it wasn't his fault!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That's handy. His autobiography is out on Thursday. He can do a three week book signing tour - if he can be trusted with a sharp implement like a pen.

I also found myself thinking what an enormous coincidence it is that he should find himself in the headlines once again just as his new book comes out.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
If he gets sacked is he then a free agent? Can he sign for a club outside the transfer window?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Don't even THINK about suggesting it...

Might give us the presence before during the games,the constant earache to the Ref's that would make them think twice about awarding Newcastle type penalties against us? After we have collectively beaten the hell out of him of course,he could do job. :lolol:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
He's the English equivalent of Roy Keane only less skilful (or not, in his mind). I'd be surprised if he isn't released by mutual agreement before Christmas.

'After' Christmas would be more appealing. I'd hate to think my great grandchildren might be sitting on his knee in Santa's Grotto :eek:

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
All over the press today marketing his book. He hasnt even finished his so called career yet is releasing an autobiography, everything thats wrong with the modern footballer if you can call him that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If he gets sacked is he then a free agent? Can he sign for a club outside the transfer window?

Not if Rangers hold his registration which they are entitled to do. It happened with Leon Knight. He was sacked for various misdemeanors, but couldn't sign for any other club until his registration was freed.

As THPP said, please don't think about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here