Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton at the Amex

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Great pair of interviews on Radio 5 Live with Clive Woodward talking to Barton. Comes across very well.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Got a lot of respect for Barton since our game against QPR. One of the best players I've seen down here this year.
Cant argue with that. He must have covered every inch of the pitch that night. It is a shame that he made some mistakes when he was younger as he would be a great example for youngsters on how to work for your team mates and put a shift in.

I also really enjoyed listening to him last night, he comes accross as quite an clever guy.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
So easy to judge though isn't it?

I'm sorry that running a round a bit and managing to not attack anyone at the Amex doesn't change my mind that he's mouth, violent gobshite.

He was in his mid-20s when he got his convictions, he wasn't a kid and has shown no remorse, a couple of years ago he called Dabo ' a pussy'.

It's easy to appear 'honest' in the press if all you do is whinge.

Leaving that aside,

"Barton said to more than two million Twitter followers: 'I WILL NOT BE PLAYING IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT SEASON...' and 'Some strange people think that I'll be playing in the Championship next season. Good one! QPR might, I won't! #fact' "

and a few months ago he was stating he was too good for the championship.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Joey Barton is a very good player, has a few anger management issues, not quite as good as he thinks he is but definitely a Premier league player.
Ashley Barnes is Joey Barton Light, has a few anger management issues, not quite as good as he thinks he is but definitely a Championship player

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Joey Barton on question time next episode with Piers Morgan. I can't envisage a situation where he won't stand up and give Piers a good slap.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
No reason to boo him he is a good player

That's the only reason people boo.

Barton's a prick. I would not welcome him. In the same way I would not welcome convicted rapists if the club chose to employ them. People aren't beyond reproach just because they put on the stripes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here