Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joel Veltman Appreciation

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Was at the game, and was very pleased RDZ pulled off Milner for Veltman at HT. Doku was having a bloody field day.

As others have said, if fit he simply has to start imho, he isnt just the best RB in the club, hes by miles the best defensive RB in the club. He made a big difference.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Was at the game, and was very pleased RDZ pulled off Milner for Veltman at HT. Doku was having a bloody field day.

As others have said, if fit he simply has to start imho, he isnt just the best RB in the club, hes by miles the best defensive RB in the club. He made a big difference.
Veltman is the second name on the team sheet for me after Dunk, or possibly third after Groß.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Love Joel, been brilliant for us, and from what I’ve seen an absolutely top guy, but I feel age & injuries are catching up with him. He’s always been a reliable if not basic full back, as in he’s a more traditional defender that doesn’t offer much going forward, but his effectiveness in games is diminishing & seems to get caught out of position more than he ever used to. Could just be a slow recovery from an injury. Maybe this summer he’ll move back to a Dutch team, who knows, but we certainly need to invest in an upgrade.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Toss up who is worse recent form … him or estupinan . Both stinking the place out

Would keep him though but ensure proper cover both sides next season

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let the bloke recover from injury before throwing him into a shallow grave FFS!

When did we become Chelsea? I must have nodded off during the pivotal moment :shrug:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Let the bloke recover from injury before throwing him into a shallow grave FFS!

When did we become Chelsea? I must have nodded off during the pivotal moment :shrug:
Played full game vs Burnley
On the bench vs Arsenal
Played 86 mins vs Brentford
Played full game vs Liverpool
On the bench vs Roma (h)
Played full game vs Forest
Came on after 75 mins vs Roma (a)
Played full game vs Fulham on Sat 2 March
Not on the bench vs Wolves (a)

He's been 'recovering from injury' for just shy of two months.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Played full game vs Burnley
On the bench vs Arsenal
Played 86 mins vs Brentford
Played full game vs Liverpool
On the bench vs Roma (h)
Played full game vs Forest
Came on after 75 mins vs Roma (a)
Played full game vs Fulham on Sat 2 March
Not on the bench vs Wolves (a)

He's been 'recovering from injury' for just shy of two months.
Yep.

It’s why last summer I was adamant we needed a right back as much as left. He started picking up injuries at the end of last season and you could see he was struggling even then. Going into the season with just him and the perenially injured Lamptey as our senior right back options was always asking for trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here