Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Joel Lynch

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I meant never played for Spurs

I think we knew the potential but there was no pathway to the first team for Cook and he was like 21 or so? Elphick was current and Dunk was preferred

The argument only makes sense if Cook is better than Duffy or Webster , but he’s nowhere near

Agree with the first point but not the second.

Duffy and Webster were nowhere near the Albion when Cook played that game - in fact Webster was at school with my stepson. And Bournemouth got promoted before we did which suggests it wasn’t a great decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Duffy and Webster were nowhere near the Albion when Cook played that game - in fact Webster was at school with my stepson. And Bournemouth got promoted before we did which suggests it wasn’t a great decision.

But I mean in terms of now - Cook is the same age as Duffy. Cook wouldn’t have improved our defence at any point when he was at Bournemouth and the fact he’s out of the team now and likely off to Forest suggests it was the right decision

We had Greer , Dunk, Elphick, El-Abd at the time

Jimmy Grimble

But I mean in terms of now - Cook is the same age as Duffy. Cook wouldn’t have improved our defence at any point when he was at Bournemouth and the fact he’s out of the team now and likely off to Forest suggests it was the right decision

Not to mention the fact that letting Cook go meant that a certain Lewis Dunk had a much clearer path to the first team.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Wasn't Cook involved in the Jury Inn episode?

I seem to remember all except Dunk were moved out pretty swiftly after the court case.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Wasn't Cook involved in the Jury Inn episode?

I seem to remember all except Dunk were moved out pretty swiftly after the court case.

pretty sure Cook had left by the time of the court case (but was at the club on the night in question)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I think Steve Cook was a good player in his prime, but unfortunately for him was coming through the ranks at the Albion at the wrong time, with those four players you mentioned all ahead of him.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I was gutted when Lynch left as he was already a good player and an even better prospect. Once came into where I worked with a few other players and was extremely polite and generally a very nice chap. Elphick on the other hand....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here