Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
This is just speculation but Poyet has stated he wants a left sided defender capable of playing central and providing cover at full back. I know he left under a bit of a cloud but I believe Lynch would be ideal cover at full back and is better suited to Poyets style than El-Abd or Elphick in a central role.

Anyone else like to have him back?

This is just speculation but Poyet has stated he wants a left sided defender capable of playing central and providing cover at full back. I know he left under a bit of a cloud but I believe Lynch would be ideal cover at full back and is better suited to Poyets style than El-Abd or Elphick in a central role.

Anyone else like to have him back?

Have you read Bob Zmuda's book by the way?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lynch is way too good for us, ask him. The last time he wasn't 1st choice here he had a tantrum. Why would he come back as back up?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I can't see why we got rid of Jake Wright a left footed center back who can cover left back and gets rave reviews when he played center back.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I can't see why we got rid of Jake Wright a left footed center back who can cover left back and gets rave reviews when he played center back.

Jake Wright was unfortunately hopeless at left back. However, I do agree with you, he looked a very good centre back, and he may well have learnt to be a satisfactory left back. Jake Wright could be the subject of a number of "Why did we ever let him go?" posts in 5 years time. Joel Lynch is a defender with fantastic pace but prone to silly mistakes, much like Dan Harding. Left footed defenders seem to be a rare breed I'd be happy to see any of the three back at The Albion.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

Jake Wright was unfortunately hopeless at left back. However, I do agree with you, he looked a very good centre back, and he may well have learnt to be a satisfactory left back. Jake Wright could be the subject of a number of "Why did we ever let him go?" posts in 5 years time. Joel Lynch is a defender with fantastic pace but prone to silly mistakes, much like Dan Harding. Left footed defenders seem to be a rare breed I'd be happy to see any of the three back at The Albion.

Totally agree. Thought he looked pure class at centre back and represents a poor decision in my book. I am not the manager however and I do have trust in Gus.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Totally agree. Thought he looked pure class at centre back and represents a poor decision in my book. I am not the manager however and I do have trust in Gus.

He's been doing well at Oxford hasn't he?

Been getting excellent reviews and I work with an Oxford season ticket holder who cannot believe we got rid of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here