Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Unused sub for Forest today but given their defensive performance I would imagine he will start next week. Wes Morgan is possibly the worst professional centre back I have EVER seen!

Article in the programme:

"If I was offered a permanent move to Forest I would obviously accept it but I know it's not going to be handed to me on a plate. It's up to me to get my head down and work really hard and show Colin Calderwood that I'm a decent player and deserve to be with the club for longer than a month"

"I haven't been playing for Brighton and for the manager at Forest to give me a chance is amazing - now it's up to me to prove I deserve a contract"

"It hasn't been the easiest of seasons for me down at Brighton and it's good to get away and get a new perspective on things. I'm training with better players and I'm spending time at a big club with a great history which can only benefit me in the future. I just want to enjoy the whole experience"

"It has been frustrating not to figure at brighton this season, especially considering how hard I thought I worked in pre-season and how much effort I have put in over the past six weeks or so despite hardly figuring. Playing regularly one season and then being out of favour hasn't really done much for my confidence but that makes me so much more grateful for the chance Forest have given me"

Don't think we will be seeing him back to be honest, lets hope we get a decent fee!

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Don't want him back to be honest. A player who hands in a transfer request 3 games into the season because he's not starting is not the kind of player we need.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
huge loss, shame he has gone expect him to be playing at a higher than us for quite a while

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"It has been frustrating not to figure at brighton this season, especially considering how hard I thought I worked in pre-season and how much effort I have put in over the past six weeks or so despite hardly figuring"

Thats your frigging JOB Lynch, you whining ponce. You thought YOU worked hard, there's a group of professionals there who probably considered they ALL worked hard, but arn't under the illusion that they have an automatic RIGHT to be in the team.

Shame, he was a good player and a decent prospect, but he's not going to get very far in the professional game with that attitude.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
"It has been frustrating not to figure at brighton this season, especially considering how hard I thought I worked in pre-season and how much effort I have put in over the past six weeks or so despite hardly figuring"

Thats your frigging JOB Lynch, you whining ponce. You thought YOU worked hard, there's a group of professionals there who probably considered they ALL worked hard, but arn't under the illusion that they have an automatic RIGHT to be in the team.

Shame, he was a good player and a decent prospect, but he's not going to get very far in the professional game with that attitude.

maybe if he had a better player in front of him other than hawkins things would have been different...

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
What kind of message was sent to Joel Lynch and Adam El Abd (two of our better players last season) when Adams went and signed two centre halves? MA doesn't like playing the youth boys. I don't blame Joel at all.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
We need Joel back....desperately.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What doesn't sit well with me is that we've NEVER had problems with Joels attitude before, and yet 3 games into this season, 3 games into Adams handling of the squad we suddenly have this guy supposedly throwing toys out of the pram.

Something aint right there.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No, no player should be guaranteed a starting place ( unless you're Adam Virgo it seems ), but I think Lynch had every right to be fed up here to be honest.

Oh well, at least he can't get blamed for the usual "lack of concentration" today that cost us all three points.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What doesn't sit well with me is that we've NEVER had problems with Joels attitude before, and yet 3 games into this season, 3 games into Adams handling of the squad we suddenly have this guy supposedly throwing toys out of the pram.

Something aint right there.

In a word "Adams".

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
Or maybe it's not Adams? he was pretty much guaranteed to play under Wilkins but now Adams signs another defender he doesn't like having competition for his place where he wont be guaranteed a starting spot week / week out ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Were you here at the start of the season? Hawkins was immense.

yes thanks, he played above himself for a couple of games and now we are getting the player who was released from Coventry and sat on the bench during his loan spell in this league meanwhile Lynch has moved up a league

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
yes thanks, he played above himself for a couple of games and now we are getting the player who was released from Coventry and sat on the bench during his loan spell in this league meanwhile Lynch has moved up a league

Quite possibly. Or then again maybe its because he is still recovering from hernia surgery.

THREE games in (When Hawkins was still playing "above himself") Lynch had done nothing to deserve a place in the side. I dont want players in the squad who think they are better than the club, good riddance to him.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
What kind of message was sent to Joel Lynch and Adam El Abd (two of our better players last season) when Adams went and signed two centre halves? MA doesn't like playing the youth boys. I don't blame Joel at all.

El Abd didn't play at the start of the season because he was injured. Simple as that. He started at Northampton last Saturday and was OK - but not great. Which other youngsters are you thinking of? Cox has consistently been in the team until last week but has been in very poor form. Jake has done nothing to make a case for his inclusion. Fraser has been on the periphery of the team as last year, and Elphick has been an almost ever-present.

So I think it's unfair to say that MA doesn't like playing the youth boys. Time will tell whether Lynch would have been a better bet than Hawkins, but at this level I would rather have Hawkins (when fit), than a guy like Joel who has immense talent but tends to over-play.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
With six centre halves at the club, there was always going to be players missing out....I don't know Joel Lynch personally, but I can understand his ambitions (probably not to be a reserve for Brighton), he's a young talented player and we should get a hefty transfer fee for him. We can't lose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here