Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Well if greed is what's caused this would love him to sign for Leicester.

Vardy, Nugent, Wood and just signed Phillips. I'm sure he will enjoy his limited game time.

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

Mason may cost double what Grabban does, but if his wages are more reasonable it's feasible he'll end up being cheaper in the long-run. People shouldn't get hung up on the transfer free alone. Let the other clubs fight it out over Grabb&Run while we SWOOP for Mason.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Maybe failing to sign Grabban could be another Lorenzo Pinamonte moment.

D

Deleted member 22389

This does show a lack of ambition on the players part and more about the money.

Obviously no disrespect to Bournemouth whatsoever, but we are in a much better position for the premier league, we have a better stadium, better facilities.

I would really like us to sign someone who wants to wear the shirt first. It shows me more and more how important this new training ground is going to be, and developing our own players.
They will stick around and show some loyalty to the club.

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
This does show a lack of ambition on the players part and more about the money.

Obviously no disrespect to Bournemouth whatsoever, but we are in a much better position for the premier league, we have a better stadium, better facilities.

I would really like us to sign someone who wants to wear the shirt first. It shows me more and more how important this new training ground is going to be, and developing our own players.
They will stick around and show some loyalty to the club.

Doesn't show a lack of ambition 1 bit... Maybe, he just feels more comfortable in his current surrounds, and feels that he, and us, can push on from here... No idea what has gone in the background but I'm really pleased he has decided to stay...

Seems like a lot on here weren't too fussed about him anyway, but I def feel our gain is your loss, and I mean that in the nicest possible way...

Been fun chatting folks and good luck with your next signing, and of course for your promotion push... I'd love to see BHA in the Prem... :)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They can also re-negotiate with the player themselves and either remove the clause or increase it if he agrees.

Sorry. I was only trying to highlight that one team meeting the buy out clause didn't automatically mean the owning club had to let him go, that there was an avenue for them to keep him, and I appear to have foreseen the way it would play out.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

Doesn't show a lack of ambition 1 bit... Maybe, he just feels more comfortable in his current surrounds, and feels that he, and us, can push on from here... No idea what has gone in the background but I'm really pleased he has decided to stay...

Seems like a lot on here weren't too fussed about him anyway, but I def feel our gain is your loss, and I mean that in the nicest possible way...

Been fun chatting folks and good luck with your next signing, and of course for your promotion push... I'd love to see BHA in the Prem... :)

You got your player back, everyone is happy. Personally think we are needing someone a bit better, no disrespect once again.
We are 2-3 seasons ahead of you at this moment of time, so it crucial how we go about our signings.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Absolutely SMACKS of him just using us just to get more money out of Bournemuff and suggests a total lack of interest about actually leaving - clearly why it took so long and why the agent kept stalling the deal.

Basically, he seems to have been a bit of a dick - and a dick we could probably do without.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here