Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Is it January 31st already ?

We have CMS hopefully due back in a month or so, and if he does't make it then theres still the loan market. Take a few deep breaths.

However our best striker can't (or won't ) run at the moment and the other one needs to get fit and settle. Still 2 weeks to go, can get a loan, don't help us in the games we're actually playing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Your being hopeful, hearing he won't be back this season

However our best striker can't (or won't ) run at the moment and the other one needs to get fit and settle. Still 2 weeks to go, can get a loan, don't help us in the games we're actually playing.

I'm just not running around with my trousers on fire because Barnes has been sold. Yes he was useful, yes he can be replaced, and almost certainly WILL be replaced within the next couple of weeks, maybe even within the next couple of hours. We did fine v Birmingham without him, we'll tick over. Despite what Barnes might think (Mr "Brighton are where they are now thanks to me"), his loss will not make or break our season.

Just wish people would stop hyperventilating just because we haven't got an immediate 1-out-1-in magic revolving door at the Amex. Christ, I've seen us sign 3 players in the last hour of the window before. In the soothing words of the great Gary Barlow....have a little patience.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The club have just put up a video taken today showing CMS training with the 1st team prior to them leaving for Derby. Looks raring to go (after getting up to speed with the DS team).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The club should of got a replacement in before releasing Barnes as that how it works with other clubs.
It doesn't work like that - if it did, there would be a massive chain every time a player is bought/sold.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The Argus are reporting today that Joe Mason "would cost around 2.5million but would fit in with the wage structure". Earlier in the week he was rated at 600k.

They must be suffering a period of hyper-inflation in Wales.

Stumpy Tim

The Argus are reporting today that Joe Mason "would cost around 2.5million but would fit in with the wage structure". Earlier in the week he was rated at 600k.

To be fair, the Cardiff fans on here did laugh at the notion of getting him at £600k. He's a proven player at this level, yet young enough to be here a while. £2.5m doesn't sound unreasonable

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I always thought 600k was light. Possibly confusion between the loan fee and transfer fee ???

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Fine. Chuck 'em 3 million for Mason and Conway. Forget Grabban. Job done.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
What i fail to understand is that any "marque " signing,would expect to play. Garcia plays one up front,how would that work with Grabban ,etc.?IMO the loss of a goalscoring midfield player is very serious as he plays just behind the lone striker.That is the type of player we need.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What i fail to understand is that any "marque " signing,would expect to play. Garcia plays one up front,how would that work with Grabban ,etc.?IMO the loss of a goalscoring midfield player is very serious as he plays just behind the lone striker.That is the type of player we need.

You know Grabban was a winger as well as being able to play off of another striker or as a lone striker?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I hope we've given Grabban a deadline to make a decision by so we know where we stand, The last thing we need is to miss out on other potential targets while we wait for him to make his mind up.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I hope we've given Grabban a deadline to make a decision by so we know where we stand, The last thing we need is to miss out on other potential targets while we wait for him to make his mind up.

If the rumours on twitter are correct, then Leicester are the favourites to sign him now, ahead of QPR, Forest and Reading. We don't even get a mention! I'd imagine the club know where we are with this

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
I'm just not running around with my trousers on fire because Barnes has been sold. Yes he was useful, yes he can be replaced, and almost certainly WILL be replaced within the next couple of weeks, maybe even within the next couple of hours. We did fine v Birmingham without him, we'll tick over. Despite what Barnes might think (Mr "Brighton are where they are now thanks to me"), his loss will not make or break our season.

Just wish people would stop hyperventilating just because we haven't got an immediate 1-out-1-in magic revolving door at the Amex. Christ, I've seen us sign 3 players in the last hour of the window before. In the soothing words of the great Gary Barlow....have a little patience.

agree with all that apart from the fart of a last sentence ...

D

Deleted member 22389

If the rumours on twitter are correct, then Leicester are the favourites to sign him now, ahead of QPR, Forest and Reading. We don't even get a mention! I'd imagine the club know where we are with this

Good I hope he is very happy at these clubs. If what I read on another thread was true, that he basically agreed to come to us, had a medical and then other clubs starting sniffing around which scuppered the deal, I'm honestly glad if we don't take him. I know it's not his fault and I understand that whoever represents him is going for the best deal, but it's not really the way to carry on is it? Hopefully something much much better will come out of this in the end for us. Trust in bloom.

Wouldn't it be great if we did get promoted this season. Would boil down to, should have come to us instead of chasing the money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here