Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Bedwetters are an essential part of this forum, with out them the post count would drop considerably.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Yes let's have a look at some high profile examples from the best clubs in the land. Here are Liverpool offloading Fernando Torres for £50 million pounds. Let's hope they don't spunk a load of it on, say Andy Carroll. Oh look, they have. AFTER Torres was sold.

Here's Chelsea selling Namija Matic for less than £5 million before buying him back three seasons later for £21 million.

And there go Arsenal totally failing to replace Van Persie.

I'd only be worried about the club's dealings if they pandered to impatient bedwetters on NSC.

Actually, pretty sure the Torres and Carroll transfers were linked - Newcastle were asked to name their price which was then passed onto Chelsea as part of the Torres deal. Dalglish didn't care as long as they ended up net flat from the Torres / Suarez / Carroll transfers.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
That's really not how it works, but you go ahead crying and ranting in your bizarre little world if you like.

I'm in bits here, don't know what to do, the tears are flowing. I wouldn't sell a house without having another house to move into and it seems the club have taken this transfer for granted.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I'm in bits here, don't know what to do, the tears are flowing. I wouldn't sell a house without having another house to move into and it seems the club have taken this transfer for granted.

:lolol: Are you for real? That's an awful analogy. Clubs can have as many or as few players as they want, we're not in a housing chain you clown. If they decide not to replace Barnes then they won't. Just grow up and be patient. Read a book or something.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
:lolol: Are you for real? That's an awful analogy. Clubs can have as many or as few players as they want, we're not in a housing chain you clown. If they decide not to replace Barnes then they won't. Just grow up and be patient. Read a book or something.

That's an even worse analogy. We can't have as many players as we like just as you very well know and if the club doesn't replace Barnes then we'll not make the play offs more so now as Croft is out for the season and another vital goal scorer lost.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
But you absolutely couldn't wait to offload Barnesy. Now you're saying we should have kept him? :(

Wrong, I said we should take the money as he doesn't want to sign the contract that was on the table since the summer so best to take what we can instead of losing him for nothing.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That's an even worse analogy. We can't have as many players as we like just as you very well know and if the club doesn't replace Barnes then we'll not make the play offs more so now as Croft is out for the season and another vital goal scorer lost.

...you are aware he didn't use an analogy in that post? Do you even know what an analogy is?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Where Footsoldier is involved there's always arguments, something I've noticed recently.

Insightful, I know.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter bedwetter!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

It wasn't an analogy.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well, this thread's lost its way a tad, hasn't it?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

QPR and Forest are evidence of the fact you can have as many as you like, if you feel you can afford it. And if we were in admin and could only afford half a dozen senior players, youths would step in to plug the gap a la Pompey - and we'd be accepting bids without getting a replacement in first.

Circumstances change all the time. We had irons in the fire, Barnes left, we made a move, and now you're being a petulant little bellend on an internet forum because you haven't heard anything for a few hours. "I WANT A NEW SIGNING NOOOOOW!" You think a transfer is simple, and it's not. Real life deals aren't like football manager. So GROW UP, SHUT UP, and WAIT.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
There's still a fortnight to go.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
if the club doesn't replace Barnes then we'll not make the play offs more so now as Croft is out for the season and another vital goal scorer lost.

Is it January 31st already ?

We have CMS hopefully due back in a month or so, and if he does't make it then theres still the loan market. Take a few deep breaths.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here