Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
SAKE guys. NSC can be such a bed wetters convention at times. TB is in Australia which has apparently complicated things according to the Argus. He has to do a medical anyway even if he agrees terms so don't expect any movement this morning.
But, but, I want to know now! And then when it's been announced, I want to know who we're getting next. And when we know that, I want to know who else we're getting. And I want to know it all now. Mummy!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
But, but, I want to know now! And then when it's been announced, I want to know who we're getting next. And when we know that, I want to know who else we're getting. And I want to know it all now. Mummy!

You forgot to add that if you don't find out right now, the transfer window has been a complete disaster for the club (despite there still being another 2 weeks) and they have some explaining to do to the STHs.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
SAKE guys. NSC can be such a bed wetters convention at times. TB is in Australia which has apparently complicated things according to the Argus. He has to do a medical anyway even if he agrees terms so don't expect any movement this morning.

He's a businessman and chairman so living in Australia shouldn't be complicated at all as he has phone, internet, fax, video calling. What you trying to say that at 11pm Oz time he goes to bed and says call me in the morning.

The club should of got a replacement in before releasing Barnes as that how it works with other clubs.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You forgot to add that if you don't find out right now, the transfer window has been a complete disaster for the club (despite there still being another 2 weeks) and they have some explaining to do to the STHs.

I'm an STH, and I am waiting for my explanation.

I am not sure what is supposed to be being explained, or why it is supposed to be being explained, but I will wait patiently, because I am quite happy really.

But then I am a simple soul who trusts people.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He's a businessman and chairman so living in Australia shouldn't be complicated at all as he has phone, internet, fax, video calling. What you trying to say that at 11pm Oz time he goes to bed and says call me in the morning.

The club should of got a replacement in before releasing Barnes as that how it works with other clubs.

So all teams who sell a player replace them before they leave, you are kidding right? It's pretty much the exact opposite why would you sign a player as a replacement before selling the other, what happens then if the sale falls through?

Just to be a pedant also, should HAVE.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Do you have any examples you can share with us?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Other clubs also sell players first to set the ball rolling and then bring in a replacement.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You think we are going to sign him and then loan him?

I thought I was the one that did the pedantry around here. I was actually thinking that we would either just sign him or not, as opposed to loaning him then signing him, but I do accept that that wouldn't be the precise opposite, being a pedant and all that. Still keen to have a bet with Carrot Cruncher -- who specifically stated that he'd put money on a loan period agreed today, and permanent signing on Monday -- or anyone else who wants to, for that matter.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Do you have any examples you can share with us?

Yes let's have a look at some high profile examples from the best clubs in the land. Here are Liverpool offloading Fernando Torres for £50 million pounds. Let's hope they don't spunk a load of it on, say Andy Carroll. Oh look, they have. AFTER Torres was sold.

Here's Chelsea selling Namija Matic for less than £5 million before buying him back three seasons later for £21 million.

And there go Arsenal totally failing to replace Van Persie.

I'd only be worried about the club's dealings if they pandered to impatient bedwetters on NSC.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
If he signs I think it wil be on loan this evening so that he can be in the squad tomorrow and then the permenant deal completed Monday.

I'd be really surprised if this happened. But pleasantly surprised.

Bournemouth are in the same division so I wouldn't expect them to do us any favours.
From what I have read from Eddie Howe, he would rather have the player than the money, therefore they feel we are getting him cheap because of the release clause. I would expect them to command a fairly hefty loan fee to try and increase the total amount received.

Apart from that, we are not desperate for a striker for tomorrow's game, we have Ulloa and Obika available for a game that we will probably play with one up front

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here