Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'll keep and open mind, but I do feel uneasy.

Have you listened to the EH radio interview (link in this thread)? He genuinely seems to think that, if Grabban goes, yes it would be good money, but he'd rather have the player. This suggests to me that we're not over-paying.

£1.1m for a Championship striker not close to the end of his contract sounds about right to me. Whether you agree with today's prices or not, you are going to pay at least a million for a good Championship striker.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Insanely simplistic to just look at his goals record. Who knows how much else he brings to a team?

And he played as a winger in his earlier career too.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I understand, but we've just off-loaded a striker that bought more than just goals to the team.

Yes. 6 in 24, but a whole lot more. And he wanted to leave, so 'offloaded' is a bit misleading.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Adrian Howard ‏@AdrianHoward1 1h
Harry Redknapp ready to steal Grabban deal from under #bhafc noses... Apparently has made enquiries this afternoon #qpr #afcb

Probably nothing.
If Grabban went to QPR, I doubt he'd play as a striker. Do QPR have scouts, or they just watch SSN and then bid on everyone that's already been bid on?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Adrian Howard ‏@AdrianHoward1 1h
Harry Redknapp ready to steal Grabban deal from under #bhafc noses... Apparently has made enquiries this afternoon #qpr #afcb

Probably nothing.

Who is Adrian Howard? Is he a reliable source?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Pointless if he went to QPR. Kick around on the bench and if they get promoted he'll be farmed out on loan next season when they again throw millions at foreign imports

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Just had a tweet from the bournemouth jurno i asked him any news on grabban he replied "still in talks we understand" dont know how to post the actual tweet but good news i guess?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports