Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Were you there for piles? "These are not the 'rhoids you are looking for."

Doctor: "Fvck me, they're the size of the Death Star! Here's some cream, may the force be with you."

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Got no sound on the work PC but if that is the case I may start getting a little excited.
Well Eddie certainly doesn't know what's being said at the Amex, so it's not signed 'til it's signed - but he talks about the fact he's gone to the Amex, and about the team moving on and them replacing him. I guess it's obvious that he'd talk like that when a player is having talks with another club, but that doesn't mean personal terms will be agreed.

What we do know, is this isn't just a silly rumour.

He also talks of the price - on the one hand he thinks it's a decent sum of money, due to the fact that strikers are thin on the ground, but he also says he'd rather have Grabban than the money.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He also talks of the price - on the one hand he thinks it's a decent sum of money, due to the fact that strikers are thin on the ground, but he also says he'd rather have Grabban than the money.

Not something that we said about Barnes, the more I think about it the more convinced I am that we didn't try very hard to keep Ashley.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not something that we said about Barnes, the more I think about it the more convinced I am that we didn't try very hard to keep Ashley.
I've never been a Barnes detractor (but then I support all of our players that at least try), but he's not looked like he can take us to the next level. We could have got promoted with him as part of the team, but we really need better. I'm not sure if Grabban will be better, but at least there's a chance.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Interesting that EH said this had been ..'bubbling around'...for 2-3 weeks.

I did notice that Grabban didn't celebrate much when he scored from the penalty at the Amex, but initially put this down to him thinking that it was a penalty not deserved.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
What do you think his role will be in the team?

Originally i was thinking we were hoping to sign him as an out an out striker, which would mean he would be back up for Leo. However the more i think about the situation, i can see him being deployed out wide. Especially in away matches because of the way we play and the importance of our wide men to track back.

Thoughts?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Originally i was thinking we were hoping to sign him as an out an out striker, which would mean he would be back up for Leo. However the more i think about the situation, i can see him being deployed out wide. Especially in away matches because of the way we play and the importance of our wide men to track back.

Thoughts?

suppose we could all dream about two(2) up front:thumbsup:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Thoughts?

On the wing, up with Leo, or playing behind him (2 upfront).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm more confident of our negotiating abilities with Bloom & Barber, compared to previous regimes

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh

Thoughts?

I can't imagine we'd be paying that much for him if we planned to have him on the bench most of the time. I imagine he'll be deployed out wide in a 4-3-3, or perhaps Oscar would go 4-2-3-1 and have him playing just off Ulloa up front?

Jimmy Grimble

Interesting that EH said this had been ..'bubbling around'...for 2-3 weeks.

I did notice that Grabban didn't celebrate much when he scored from the penalty at the Amex, but initially put this down to him thinking that it was a penalty not deserved.

Could also partly explain Grabban's very good performance that night...

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Posh Spice is a slapper
she drinks wine by the flagon
when she's shagging Becks
She thinks of Lewis Grabban.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here