Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Plan B is Mason, I guess. This tweet A bit worrying, especially if the QPR rumour is also true.

QPR and Forest are pissing me right off....like qpr really need lewis grabban...really...? look at their squad ffs and all on home gates of less than 20 k .....ffp my quoight.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Well if grabban really is as money grabbing as bournemouth fans are saying, I don't doubt he'd take a place in the QPR reserves for £20k a week (figure plucked out my arse)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If QPR are seriously in for him then a) it's a farce and b) they'll pay whatever it takes so we may as we'll forget it and re-focus our attention on Mason (+ Conway hopefully).

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
i did a quick twitter such and all i could find was one Brighton fan linking Grabban to QPR. Where has it actually been rumored that QPR are in for Grabban?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Erm isn't that worse?
So if we don't get Grabban he's got another article? Brilliant I can relax now. It doesn't mean we've got Grabban

No. But is also doesn't mean Naylor is now thinking the deal is off.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
HOWEVER the price does seem a little too high for a 26 year old that has only had a good half a season at championship level and will most probably be on the bench for the majority. I guess the other way to look at it is that we have just sold Barnes for 750k so we are in effect only paying 350k for a decent championship striker.
And Barnes only had 6 months left on his contract. Barnes + 350k, getting a couple of years rather than 6 months seems reasonable to me.

Waste of money? Why would he have a clause in his contract if he wasn't worth that amount?
Although I don't think it's a waste of money, a club offering someone a contract will want the release clause to be higher than they think the player is worth. They don't want a player that's doing well to be taken without them having a say (and that's what a release clause does).

We won't be able to afford conway if we've spent a million quid on some ex-palace bearded mercenary money-grabbing ****
Says who? If we didn't sell anyone, we could still spend a couple of million on a player. We have in the past, and it seems we're happy to lose £8m a year. And we could be selling Bridcutt, which would mean we have plenty left to spend.

Agent talk to get the asking price up ?
If Grabban has a £1.1m release clause, then they don't get to choose which club he goes to. If one club offers £1.1m, and another offers £2m, Bournemouth have to accept both bids, and Grabban chooses. So basically no, it shouldn't push the price up.

The agent could be trying to get Brighton to offer better personal terms though.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Got to feel sorry for Bournemouth if the deal goes ahead, these transfer window are shitty. Mind you I'd have kept Barnes and told Burnley to sling their hook.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
SHOULD HAVE, you cretin SHOULD HAVE

It must be a nightmare for you listening to a Tim Sherwood or Alan Pardew interview. Why these thickos persist in shitting on the Queen's English when they must hear the correct use of 'was' etc. spoken around them all the time is a mystery that I fear only Sergei Gotsmanov and Jeff Minton could unravel with the help of a substantial thesaurus.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here