Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Mason scored 10 goals last season for Cardiff and is highly regarded plus he's only 21. £600k is a bloody good price plus we could of used the rest to bring Conway back.

Grabban has scored 10 this season, he hasn't signed for us yet, and I expect we are still working on Conway.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This makes me laugh. There are plenty on here willing to go on and on and on about how bad it is we lost Barnes. I make a comment to try and show some empathy with a Bournemouth fan, and you post this!

I'm not going to get into a squabble with you on this thread - but on every thread you can you have referred to Barnes and had a go about him or anyone who suggests a different view to yours. Again and again and again you have done this. What you said "to show empathy" was this "Trust me, some on here were stupid enough to say Barnes leaving was the end of our promotion push! It wasn't. I'm sure you will find a suitable replacement IF Grabban signs for us."

This is clearly another dig at Barnes' ability - we get it, you didn't rate him and I don't recall anyone saying that was the end of our promotion push. So this is just another thinbly disguised dig. My advice was let it go. It's your call of course, but I doubt you'll be able to leave that particular scab alone for long.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
... and then everyone will give him grief for not scoring every game even though he is playing in midfield!!

I expect he won't play midfield IF signed. To the right or left of Ulloa as a forward would be my best guess.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Mason scored 10 goals last season for Cardiff and is highly regarded plus he's only 21. £600k is a bloody good price plus we could of used the rest to bring Conway back.

Am i missing something? where has it been stated that we could get mason for 600k?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not going to get into a squabble with you on this thread - but on every thread you can you have referred to Barnes and had a go about him or anyone who suggests a different view to yours. Again and again and again you have done this. What you said "to show empathy" was this "Trust me, some on here were stupid enough to say Barnes leaving was the end of our promotion push! It wasn't. I'm sure you will find a suitable replacement IF Grabban signs for us."

This is clearly another dig at Barnes' ability - we get it, you didn't rate him and I don't recall anyone saying that was the end of our promotion push. So this is just another thinbly disguised dig. My advice was let it go. It's your call of course, but I doubt you'll be able to leave that particular scab alone for long.

Believe me, more than one Brighton fan / NSC poster said it was the end of our promotion push. They were and are wrong. I'll leave it there.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Naylor now tweeting that he hopes he hasn't tempted fate with his article for tomorrow.
Stated that we have a plan B.
Hope talks haven't broken down.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Naylor now tweeting that he hopes he hasn't tempted fate with his article for tomorrow.

Plan B is Mason, I guess. This tweet A bit worrying, especially if the QPR rumour is also true.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Happy to admit that better players and coach is an objective opinion but better set-up seems a bit silly.
It's too early to be adamant about who the better coach is - but better players? That's just silly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be fair, 'Arry is down to BARE BONES, in terms of attacking options, with just Charlie Austin, Bobby Zamora, Andy Johnson, Yossi Bennayoun, Niko Krancjar, Matt Phillips, Junior Hoilett and Shaun Wright-Philips to choose from.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Hang on. This is the exact wording:

"Hopefullly not tempting fate with 900 words on Grabban written for the inside of Friday's paper. There's a plan B just in case. #bhafc"

He's clearly referring to his plan B. No news here. Phew!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Plan B is Mason, I guess. This tweet A bit worrying, especially if the QPR rumour is also true.

Agent talk to get the asking price up ?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
To be fair, 'Arry is down to BARE BONES, in terms of attacking options, with just Charlie Austin, Bobby Zamora, Andy Johnson, Yossi Bennayoun, Niko Krancjar, Matt Phillips, Junior Hoilett and Shaun Wright-Philips to choose from.

And Harry is preparing a £5m bid for some player from France.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

"Hopefullly not tempting fate with 900 words on Grabban written for the inside of Friday's paper. There's a plan B just in case. #bhafc"

Sorry yes - my post should have read 'I' hope talks haven't broken down - not that Naylor thought they may have done!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Erm isn't that worse?
So if we don't get Grabban he's got another article? Brilliant I can relax now. It doesn't mean we've got Grabban

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmWAyGnT3c4

2 footed, scores from inside and outside the box, fast, strong in the air. Great technique. Can take penalties. And that's just from August to November this season.
Looks the business.

What have you got against him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports