Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Happy to admit that better players and coach is an objective opinion but better set-up seems a bit silly.

Better players? Are you kidding? We were 4th last season, we're 6th now. Bournemouth are 16th! Or, maybe our players ARE worse than theirs, but our Head Coach is just so good that it accounts for the 10-place league table difference!? No wait, this can't be right. Our players are better and, much as I like EH, may I suggest that Oscar is a very good coach if he can get us to 6th with the injury list we have endured all season.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Waste of money. Should of got Mason (21) and Conway.

Just out of interest, how do you know which of Mason and Grabban is best for us? I've only seen both of them when they played us, so not sure I can make as strong a comment as 'waste of money' or, indeed, 'fabulous signing'. I must say I will be really pleased if we get Grabban.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Let it go. You're on the verge of being a little bit dull about Ashley Barnes.

This makes me laugh. There are plenty on here willing to go on and on and on about how bad it is we lost Barnes. I make a comment to try and show some empathy with a Bournemouth fan, and you post this!

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
''Grabban would add useful Football League experience to their ranks, with the winger having previously turned out for the likes of Millwall, Brentford and Rotherham United''

Out of
interest, how often was Grabban used as a winger when at Bournemouth?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Better players? Are you kidding? We were 4th last season, we're 6th now. Bournemouth are 16th! Or, maybe our players ARE worse than theirs, but our Head Coach is just so good that it accounts for the 10-place league table difference!? No wait, this can't be right. Our players are better and, much as I like EH, may I suggest that Oscar is a very good coach if he can get us to 6th with the injury list we have endured all season.

And with more points at this point now compared to this time last season

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Just out of interest, how do you know which of Mason and Grabban is best for us? I've only seen both of them when they played us, so not sure I can make as strong a comment as 'waste of money' or, indeed, 'fabulous signing'. I must say I will be really pleased if we get Grabban.

Mason scored 10 goals last season for Cardiff and is highly regarded plus he's only 21. £600k is a bloody good price plus we could of used the rest to bring Conway back.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
We really struggle to have enough goalscorers on the pitch at once, which is why we so frequently score either 0 or 1 at home. We also struggle for pace. Therefore, if Lewis Grabban can slot into one of the wide positions alongside Leonardo and with either Kazenga or Buckley on the other side, I am sure he will do well, contribute a decent number of goals and make us a more dangerous side.

What I hope is that he hasn't been brought in as the number one striker to play at the front of the attack, because that would mean we've effectively paid £1m for someone to sit on the bench, as he won't be better than Leonardo. I'm not convinced he's a big goalscorer. This is the first season he's scored at this level (and he's already 26), plus he banged in five of his ten goals in the first five games, so the last few months have been a bit of a drought. But if he's playing as a second striker or a winger he'll be a good addition.

... and then everyone will give him grief for not scoring every game even though he is playing in midfield!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here