Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Cheers All

Yes, our board is a bit snappy as you can imagine! The release clause has been mentioned alot - bit small time, to be honest. Liked the Rickie Lambert thing, probably the same person who said Charlie Austin for £7 million a few months back.....

.....Special aren't they :facepalm:

Ken Baileys Ghost

Oct 25, 2010
As a Boscombe fan, my biggest worry is losing our manager or that nice Russian man who keeps giving us money.

I know some of our reactions are a bit ott, but that's what its all about isn't it?

Passion.

I'd not be right in the head if I just shrugged my shoulders and thought 'oh well, that's life, I wonder whats for luch?'

That said, I wonder what is for lunch..........................................................

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As a Boscombe fan, my biggest worry is losing our manager or that nice Russian man who keeps giving us money.

I know some of our reactions are a bit ott, but that's what its all about isn't it?

Passion.

I'd not be right in the head if I just shrugged my shoulders and thought 'oh well, that's life, I wonder whats for luch?'

That said, I wonder what is for lunch..........................................................

Classic! Puts it all into a very humorous perspective!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Mixed reaction from Cherries fans and the phrase 'Good bit of business' being used by some. It's Ashley Barnes to Burnley all over again.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Mixed reaction from Cherries fans and the phrase 'Good bit of business' being used by some. It's Ashley Barnes to Burnley all over again.

Most should be pished off really. I think it's more than the money, it's a player that fit's our particular style and finding another will be tricky. Especially trying to stay up in your first year in the Champo!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Saw one comment on their Argus equivalent. Went something like:

'Why go? We have better players than them, an better coach and better set-up generally'

Funny how football fans see things.

Seriously deluded on all 3 counts.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Most should be pished off really. I think it's more than the money, it's a player that fit's our particular style and finding another will be tricky. Especially trying to stay up in your first year in the Champo!

Trust me, some on here were stupid enough to say Barnes leaving was the end of our promotion push! It wasn't. I'm sure you will find a suitable replacement IF Grabban signs for us.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
I think Lewis Grabban is a good addition to the team, it'll definitely give us strength in depth in the attacking department, i also like the idea that we can now attack with pace which we just haven't been able to achieve successfully in the Poyet/Amex years. HOWEVER the price does seem a little too high for a 26 year old that has only had a good half a season at championship level and will most probably be on the bench for the majority. I guess the other way to look at it is that we have just sold Barnes for 750k so we are in effect only paying 350k for a decent championship striker. Obviously there is the slight possibility that we play with two up front (personally i'd love to see the 4-4-2 tried out) but i just cant see Oscar setting up like that.

A solid signing which can only increase our chances of promotion although we have probably over payed. I guess if we go up the price we payed for him will be insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Saw one comment on their Argus equivalent. Went something like:

'Why go? We have better players than them, an better coach and better set-up generally'

Funny how football fans see things.

hmm, if that's true, then I wonder why Skybet has us as 7/1 for promotion and Bournemouth as only 66/1. Perhaps the cherries fans know something we don't?:ffsparr:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Good bit of business for both involved if it goes through.

We get a striker in the shape we need one in, and isn't too aged. Should do well for us.

B'muff get just over a million quid to play with, easily enough to poach a decent striker from lower leagues and see how he fares.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports