Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Congratulations, a decent bit of business for you lot.

Had no idea he was such a money grabbing whore though.

Bloody good player and always came over as a decent bloke apart from the facial hair.

Rather glad that after his ten minutes on Tuesday he's cup tied though. :lolol:

Calm down petal

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Bloody good player and always came over as a decent bloke apart from the facial hair.

That post started off so well...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ah well, I'm used to feeling fed up in the transfer window. Just don't rub it in too much :nono:
We're used to the feeling of losing our best players too #sameboat

OK folks... seriouslygutted.com :(
In response to post earlier about spending money on a back-up striker, and not a creative winger... Well you will have both... Grabbs played for Rotherham as a winger, scoring 18 times in season from there...

The guy has pace, is skilful and an awesome work rate...

Hope he does well
Cheers.

This will be a good signing also from the perspective of we won't be under any pressure to use CMS until he's actually up to match fitness and ready to go. Coming back under done and playing more minutes than he is up for could see him injured again.
Good point.

They are ALL* money grabbing whores, mate.
No, WE are all money grabbing. We'd all do the same thing. The proof that we'd all do the same thing, is that everyone does it. We lost Murray to Palace, and we didn't even get a fee. He went for more money, and banged in over 30 goals. But I don't blame him, I'd have done the same thing (if I wasn't a Brighton fan).

It's a shame to lose Barnes, but if we can replace him with Grabban, then it shouldn't have cost us much, and he's probably a bit better. Happy days.

No, still nobody has made a bid. We're in talks but that's a different thing entirely.
:lol: I can see you mumbling that to people sat next to you at the Amex, as we watch him play.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Had no idea he was such a money whore though

You see, this is where you let yourself down.

Presumably there is some sort of salary increase involved, which of us wouldn't go for that?

But, like it or not- and I'm by no means one of those who has delusions about the status of the Albion within the game- we are, as it stands, a more attractive proposition to a player than AFCB on pretty much any criteria you want to name. We have better infrastructure- by June this will have improved even further- significantly larger crowds, and a greater chance of achieving promotion to the Premier League. Presumably that's the sort of thing that looks like incentivising him to move as much as any contract. We're certainly not chucking cash around, Pompey-style, at players.

Now if it was us against Leicester, or Derby, QPR, Forest etc, I might not have a clue who a player would choose. But if it's us v Bournemouth, even on the same money, I'd guess the greater proportion of players would choose us currently.

Who knows, maybe Grabban will decide he prefers a sandy beach still.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Posh Spice is a slapper
She's been watching Macca rehabin
And when she's shagging Beckham
We'll be signing Grabban

Where the hell is my coat now...:moo:

Posh Spice is a slapper
She really is a bad 'un
And when she's shagging Beckham
She thinks of Lewis Grabban

No, not quite there

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Christ, someone get a message to the Amex - don't less him see the size of our sand!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Meanwhile, somebody somewhere is conducting a google search of the term "Posh Spice" for something that rhymes with Grabban.

Posh Spice is a slapper,
a right dirty madam,
and when she's shagging Beckham,
She thinks of Lew Grabban

:shrug:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The guy who tweeted that has a beard himself. Is it acceptable to call someone a beardy git (& also a "mercenary beardy ****" in another tweet) if you are yourself a facial hairer?

I regularly refer to other bearded people as "Beardy t****"

It's accepted behaviour. We had a meeting about it.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

I sense a theme here and on Twitter (I helped out with the ***):

garyafcb: P*** off Lewis Grabban - you money grabbing beardy git.
#afcb better off without your mercenary kind!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Posh Spice us a slapper
She really is quite weird
Cos when she's shagging Beckham
She thinks of Grabban's beard

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
You see, this is where you let yourself down.

Presumably there is some sort of salary increase involved, which of us wouldn't go for that?

But, like it or not- and I'm by no means one of those who has delusions about the status of the Albion within the game- we are, as it stands, a more attractive proposition to a player than AFCB on pretty much any criteria you want to name. We have better infrastructure- by June this will have improved even further- significantly larger crowds, and a greater chance of achieving promotion to the Premier League. Presumably that's the sort of thing that looks like incentivising him to move as much as any contract. We're certainly not chucking cash around, Pompey-style, at players.

Now if it was us against Leicester, or Derby, QPR, Forest etc, I might not have a clue who a player would choose. But if it's us v Bournemouth, even on the same money, I'd guess the greater proportion of players would choose us currently.

Oh come on - you know some of us are going to be a bit snappy at the moment. We're trying to stay calm and rational :)

I really think its the 'oh not again' sick feeling we all thought we had seen the back of! It always just seems that when clubs are thinking of buying someone they think..'I wonder if Bournemouth have got anyone decent?'

Bit paranoid, I know LOL

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh come on - you know some of us are going to be a bit snappy at the moment. We're trying to stay calm and rational :)
I think you're doing well.

I really think its the 'oh not again' sick feeling we all thought we had seen the back of!
Clubs like ours will never see the back of it. Even clubs like Everton and Spurs have to sell their best players when Man U et al come knocking.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I really think its the 'oh not again' sick feeling we all thought we had seen the back of! It always just seems that when clubs are thinking of buying someone they think..'I wonder if Bournemouth have got anyone decent?'

Bit paranoid, I know LOL

Not at all. Any time we had a decent player at Withdean, we always knew that we'd lose out if other clubs came in for them. And when competing to sign players too. Even now I still find it hard to shed that expectation really.

I'll wait until it's confirmed before I get too into the idea of Grabban signing. I've no doubt the AFCB boards are now full of a mix of:

-"gutted, but wish him luck"
-"why Brighton, it's a sideways move?"
-"money grabbing greedy *******"
-"never rated him anyway, Pitman is better"
-"noooooo, we're doomed"

Much like NSC is when we lose players in these circumstances.

I have seen one AFCB fan on Twitter (not sure if he was joking or not) suggest the club make a move for Rickie Lambert if Grabban goes
:jester:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

Bit paranoid, I know LOL

If Grabban signs and does well for us he'll be off again for more dosh. Saying that I know how you are feeling... we've felt it many times too.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

Bit paranoid, I know LOL

I don't think you are paranoid, I have the exact same feeling about Brighton. I get a calendar every year, and up until recent years by the time I got to July there was no one on it that still played for us. Every club except Barcelona or Real Madrid, is vulnerable to loosing players, it does not make you feel any better but as someone else said if it keeps happening to you then you are doing something right.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agreed I think if this signing comes off he will add pace and attack. I think we are close to a good team being able to move the football faster could be the X factor we need!

This is also one of the things I'm pretty sure that Oscar wants. This is one of the things that he seems to have evolved from Poyet's somewhat ponderous and precise passing game.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Has he arrived at the Amex yet? Anyone there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here