Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
OK folks... seriouslygutted.com :(

Looks like Lewis is def on his way down the M27 to you guys... Not a done deal yet but I can't see it not going through now tbh...

Grabbs is the only striker that has enabled us to playa settled side, with him on his own up front... So I don't know where we go form here... I just hope EH has someone lined up as his replacement...

In response to post earlier about spending money on a back-up striker, and not a creative winger... Well you will have both... Grabbs played for Rotherham as a winger, scoring 18 times in season from there...

The guy has pace, is skilful and an awesome work rate...

Hope he does well, and we obviously can't stand in the way of his ambition and money talks at the end of the day... Like I said ages ago... The only way he would come to you would be if he decided he wanted to... and he has!!! :(

Decent of you to post that. Its a shit feeling from your viewpoint, and we've all been there.

I wonder whether your owners will give Howe the cash to re-invest, or whether they are pissed off at the big money spent on Rantie, and will demand to see more of him?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does he still have that little beard, do we know?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
This will be a good signing also from the perspective of we won't be under any pressure to use CMS until he's actually up to match fitness and ready to go. Coming back under done and playing more minutes than he is up for could see him injured again.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You're probably right. I was probably still too busy sulking about the penalty to notice his good work.

On this note, I must still be scarred by years of players rejecting us due to the Withdean factor, as I still find myself occasionally surprised and delighted when it becomes apparent a decent player WANTS to sign for us over another club, even two and a half years down the line. Is that just me? :)

Just you. Although nothing's certain until the ink's dry on the contract. Not counting any chickens yet.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Quite excited about this signing - if it happens of course.

Grabban looks to be an excellent replacement for Barnes and comes with the added extra of being quick.

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
Thank you for this. Good to hear from a Bournemouth fan that he is a good player out wide as well as playing as a lone striker. That is PERFECT for us IMHO. And, at least IF the deal goes through quickly you will have PLENTY of time to sign a replacement.

I am sure you are right, and we have shipped out several other 'big wage' fringe players this window, so hopefully Howe will be already lining up someone at DC... The problem is, that we seriously struggled to bringing in anyone of calibre in the summer, due to us having this perception of 'lil old Bournemouth' and I reckon that we will have the same issue... We now have only 2 recognised strikers at the club... Brett Pitman who is still yet to set the Championship alight, again (after failing at Bristol City when they were up here) and our 2.5 million 1 goal in 13 games summer purchase...

I hope I'm wrong but this really could be huge to our season... :(

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Meanwhile, somebody somewhere is conducting a google search of the term "Posh Spice" for something that rhymes with Grabban.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Does he play on left or right of attack? KLL on one side, him on other, Leo through middle, way to go for me.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Does he still have that little beard, do we know?

yes, yes he does, and an interested little side note according to wikipedia he trims it exactley the same shape down stairs around nigel and the twins.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I am sure you are right, and we have shipped out several other 'big wage' fringe players this window, so hopefully Howe will be already lining up someone at DC... The problem is, that we seriously struggled to bringing in anyone of calibre in the summer, due to us having this perception of 'lil old Bournemouth' and I reckon that we will have the same issue... We now have only 2 recognised strikers at the club... Brett Pitman who is still yet to set the Championship alight, again (after failing at Bristol City when they were up here) and our 2.5 million 1 goal in 13 games summer purchase...

I hope I'm wrong but this really could be huge to our season... :(

IF you pay the right money, THEN they will come. Is Rantie really that bad? Does he just need more game time / time to get used to the Championship? BTW we've struggled along with 2 fit strikers all season. Oh, and it took us 18 months to sign Ulloa.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I love it when we have players with pace in the squad. This news combined with the signing of Monakana yesterday has made this a good window for me already, even allowing for the fact that Bridcutt is probably on his way.

Agreed I think if this signing comes off he will add pace and attack. I think we are close to a good team being able to move the football faster could be the X factor we need!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Meanwhile, somebody somewhere is conducting a google search of the term "Posh Spice" for something that rhymes with Grabban.

Posh Spice is a slapper, her morals are amiss
And when she's shagging Beckham
She thinks of our Lewis..

#NothingRhymesWithGrabban

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here