Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And the possibility of Conway coming back. I think Buckley needs that extra competition to prove himself, as he's so inconsistent. Lua Lua so far has been showing that real exciting form again, even looks as though he's really enjoying playing at the moment.

The depth of our team over the past 2 years has grown immensly, I think with Crofts unfortunately injured (and may he recover ASAP) this also gives our midfield much more chance to prove themselves. Ince is a sure start IMO, and we often need the creativity of Orlandi. So I think this is a chance for Kemy to step up and really show us what he's about, he could add that extra muscle to the midfield. He also likes his audacious passing, whilst really risky, could pay dividends if we can get him in great form.

That all makes good sense to me. Here's hoping Kemy steps up with Crofty out. I'm sure he's capable.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Grabban looks adequate, not worth £1m tho... masons a bit more exciting

I would say £1M was about right for a Championship striker with 10 in 24 and who looked pretty good at the Amex playing the lone striker role.

shaunslats

Mar 6, 2013
Magrathea
I would say £1M was about right for a Championship striker with 10 in 24 and who looked pretty good at the Amex playing the lone striker role.

hmm maybe, but with only one good half season in the championship I think around 800k is more accurate

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
hmm maybe, but with only one good half season in the championship I think around 800k is more accurate

You make it sound like your some sort of expert. What's your footballing background?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Don't know if this has been mentioned but Grabban didn't really celebrate when he scored the penalty at the Amex, seemed odd at the time.

Just saying......

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Doesn't mean much in today's football world, but Grabban signed a new contract with Bournemouth in November http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24957783

"I still had two years left on my contract but the club wanted to extend it and I was more than happy to do that," said Grabban.

"This is one of the first times in my career that I've felt settled and that's why I didn't really have to think too long about signing a new contract."

'One of the first times?', how is that possible?, it's either THE first time ... or it isn't.

In all seriousness though l like Lewis Grabban, and if it's possible to buy him with the cash from Barnes going, (and maybe a little bit more), then we should.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Just watched the vid. Not overly impressed. I'm sure you can make a similar clip with a player thats scored a few goals. A couple were decent strikes and one very good one. The Wigan one was one Barnes maybe would have fluffed so maybe he is a step up?
Thing is whats his link up play like? Is he strong? Does he get knocked off the ball? Can he play off Ulloa? Can he play the wings? Does he get back and defend? Sorry I wasnt at the B'muff game so I haven't seen the lad play. Thing is a vid like this makes a player look good, but all the crap bits are missed out. Is he worth 1.1mil?
I'd rather we pumped a 1mil bid for Conway to be honest. Although, 2 Mil on Conway and a striker would be great.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Our newspaper bloke has said reports that Grabban had been seen at the Amex were wide of the mark. Gulp!

I was the one on our board who was talking about sideways moves. I said a 'bit more of a sideways move', recognising that we are the same division, but you have bigger crowds and stadium and better history, etc...compared to us being skint and a league below!

In the end, if you offer what has been mentioned, then its up to the lad himself..I think you ought to go for Leon Clarke instead :lolol:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They never go to the Amex unless it's to have their pic taken holding the shirt up after signing

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Our newspaper bloke has said reports that Grabban had been seen at the Amex were wide of the mark. Gulp!

I was the one on our board who was talking about sideways moves. I said a 'bit more of a sideways move', recognising that we are the same division, but you have bigger crowds and stadium and better history, etc...compared to us being skint and a league below!

In the end, if you offer what has been mentioned, then its up to the lad himself..I think you ought to go for Leon Clarke instead :lolol:

I would prefer Grabban to Clarke. Mason would be good tho'.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Have we even made a bid yet? Let alone him turning up at the Amex!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Don't know if this has been mentioned but Grabban didn't really celebrate when he scored the penalty at the Amex, seemed odd at the time.

Just saying......

You don't celebrate jubilantly in front of your supporters when the ref has made a massive blunder to gift you the lead :wink:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Brighton do take a VERY long time with signings which I think is a good thing overall. It seams they are just as interested in a players personality as their ability. The personality bit can only be found out by investigating, that takes a bit of time I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here