Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Hart

theboybilly

Whatever the whys and wherefalls of the calls between the City players, the defender should have at least directed his header away from the goal with enough force for it to go for a corner. Heading it between the posts............oh dear.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Whatever the whys and wherefalls of the calls between the City players, the defender should have at least directed his header away from the goal with enough force for it to go for a corner. Heading it between the posts............oh dear.

Quite. OK, people aren't machines and mistakes do happen, but jeez the mistakes for that goal were so basic its pathetic. So pathetic in fact that lost little Alice Band Boy even managed to capitalise on the error. THAT'S how bad it was.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

He didn't he headed the ball wide of the posts.

I thought Hart was to blame, had the defender not headed it Hart wouldn't have been able to catch the ball as he was out of the area, he should have stayed put.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I hold Hart responsible. He's the reader of the situation on the whole, whilst the young centrehalf is in the pressure-ridden circumstances which mean he has to act without calmly seeing all around him. Hart stop-started and made it worse, when stopping or holding his ground seconds before would have made the threat less. His decision making has been poor this season.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ultimately Hart was in no man's land. He saw the defender and rather than let him deal with it, tried to clear the danger and a basic error then became a game changer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think it's clearly obvious that it was the defenders fault, I have watched it time and time again and my conclusion is it is the defenders fault.

It looks like the defender literally panicked at the last second when, in my opinion Hart could have taken the ball.

Anyway, whatever / whoever was at fault, at that level its clearly not acceptable.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the dressing room after! I suspect there was much shouting and swearing in MANY different languages!! :lol:

Maybe the reason for the defender's panic was that he does not feel confident with Hart behind him?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hold Hart responsible. He's the reader of the situation on the whole, whilst the young centrehalf is in the pressure-ridden circumstances which mean he has to act without calmly seeing all around him. Hart stop-started and made it worse, when stopping or holding his ground seconds before would have made the threat less. His decision making has been poor this season.

I reckon Hart will be dropped.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Who is this young center half you're all talking about? Zabaleta is 28!

I agree with Souness, 100% Hart - he didn't read the situation correctly

Jimmy Grimble

Hart made the initial mistake coming for the ball (in a stuttering fashion), regardless of whether he called it or not. The situation did not require him coming that far out.

The centre back then could probably have done better, but the first mistake was from Hart.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
One thing's for sure. Fraser Forster must play against Chile - Hodgson needs to have a look at him in action for England.

I'm not worried about the boy at all. I suspect he's been playing better than Hart for months and though it's hard to judge in the SPL, the Champions League form is good enough for me.

He has to get that experience now, as it could be him next summer either on form or through injury etc

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
One thing's for sure. Fraser Forster must play against Chile - Hodgson needs to have a look at him in action for England.

I'm not worried about the boy at all. I suspect he's been playing better than Hart for months and though it's hard to judge in the SPL, the Champions League form is good enough for me.

He has to get that experience now, as it could be him next summer either on form or through injury etc

Easy to Champion the guy you've not seen much of.

For me it was a Nastasic mistake today. It was a moment of inexperience, which is fair enough. Hart is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't in that situation.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Harts fault 100%

He has made a situation where there didn't need to be one.

Sure, nastastic's header is poor but he has headed it where hart SHOULD have been.

Crazy decision to come out from his goal

Smeagull

Mar 20, 2012
Just watched it on motd. Its definitely harts fault, he didn't need to come charging out like that.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
4 results out of 4 correct, the 5th game was Chelsea v Man City, which i had as a draw......Nice one Hart or defender. :(

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

Agreed. Hart has made quite a few mistakes recently. Forster and Ruddy need game time in the up and coming friendlies. The City manager needs to drop Hart. If he's as good as some people think he is Hart should come back stronger.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
If Nas had left it, it was Joe's. He would've got there comfortably before Torres. It's ALL about what the communication was.

Except Hart was about 2 yards outside his area, so could only have headed it at best. I don't know what he thought he was doing coming out like that, it was never his, and he can see the defender.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agreed. Hart has made quite a few mistakes recently. Forster and Ruddy need game time in the up and coming friendlies. The City manager needs to drop Hart. If he's as good as some people think he is Hart should come back stronger.

I reckon he will be dropped. Hodgson does not have much choice but to pick him; it's different for City though. If City have designs on winning trophies they need someone less error prone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here