Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Hart

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
I think that something that might count against him at the minute is that there seems to be a recurring theme in recent history of England throwing young keepers into the team, hyped as 'the next great England keeper' only for them to fall away spectacularly, see Richard Wright, Nicky Weaver, Scott Carson etc.

I wonder if this has led to a bit of over-cautiousness when dealing with Hart - they all know how good he could be and are terrified of throwing him in too early in case he goes the same way as his predecessors.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Looks best just now and is playing very well - honestly the others are not that much to beat at the moment

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just seen the breaking news on the yellow ticker on SSN alongside Darren O'Dea signing a 2 year extension to his Celtic contract, Joe Hart is retiring at the end of the season. Legend is an often overused word. 75 England caps 6 domestic trophies North and South of the border, a very impressive career and will be a big loss to the whole football family.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Just seen the breaking news on the yellow ticker on SSN alongside Darren O'Dea signing a 2 year extension to his Celtic contract, Joe Hart is retiring at the end of the season. Legend is an often overused word. 75 England caps 6 domestic trophies North and South of the border, a very impressive career and will be a big loss to the whole football family.

Wow now that makes me feel old.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Can't help but think his career started to go downhill when he started doing those head and shoulders adverts. I just wonder if there's something in the antidandruff chemicals that can irritate your eyes and prevent you from making routine saves?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Respect the bounce, but legend! Have you taken an E or something?

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Wow now that makes me feel old.
Just think how old I feel, I remember him moving to City from Shrewsbury as a nineteen year old. He was our neighbour for a few years. Always very grounded, very polite - thoroughly good guy.
When he was on the bench when we beat City at the Withdean he sent me a text to say that we deserved the victory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here