Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Hart

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Just watched the Birmingham vs Man U game live on TV here in the Big Apple. Well done the Brummies by the way.

Joe Hart does indeed appear to be a very good goalie. Much more assured performance than I have seen from many of the others who would like to be England's No 1.

I think he will be the one!

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
I would take him to SA without a seconds thought, he would even be my number 2, my number 1 btw would be Paul Robinson

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
They did some stats on ESPN about English keepers in the premier and Hart was ahead by some distance in every criteria. Get him IN!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
He has been consistently excellent for quite some time now. By far and away the top English performer between the sticks and just what we needed in a position that has up until now looked to be a weak link in the national side

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Ben Foster being picked for England is such a joke. Other managers I wouldn't be suprised but I can't believe Capello seemed to pick him simply because Ferguson had told everyone he was good, whilst we never reallyh saw much evidence of that on the pitch. Don't think Hart is amazing (yet), but in general our keepers are crap so why not pick a young keeper who actually has the potential to be a good international?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've said it in every "your world cup squad today" thread that's been posted. Joe Hart should be in the squad, and if he carries on like this then he's playing.

Green - Stuttering, but playing regularly.
Robinson - Playing well consistently
James - Chronic back injury makes him a risk
Almunia - is SPANISH
Kirkland - Inconsistent and has chronic back issues
Foster - When was the last time he played?

In my opinion, Joe Hart is the best English goalkeeper and will be our national #1 for the next 10 years. He's the new David Seaman.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Best goalkeeper in the Premier league apart from Shay Given at the moment.

Has to be No.1 choice for South Africa.Seems to be a bit full of himself but maybe that's not a bad thing as a keeper.I was amazed he joined Birmingham on loan for the season-always been top notch.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Theres no doubt he is a quality keeper and maybe the best English goalie but how many international games has he played? Im all for picking people on form but for the WORLD CUP Id rather have a goalie who has played international Football as no1!!!!!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would agree. Definately should be going to South Africa and, on current form, should be wearing the number one. I saw him play for the England U21 team last season and he was fantastic. One of the most assured goalkeeping displays I have seen in a long time.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I would agree. Definately should be going to South Africa and, on current form, should be wearing the number one. I saw him play for the England U21 team last season and he was fantastic. One of the most assured goalkeeping displays I have seen in a long time.

Same. I remember him in the penalty shootout, he didn't falter- indeed he lived up to it and I haven't seen a personality such as him (trying to gee up his team and distract the opposition) in goal for us for a while. Of course, we don't want to overhype and destroy his career early, this is the factor that must be taken into consideration. But I would say on his appearances this season that he is ready.

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
i think Joe Hart will become England number 1 1 day but to throw him straight into number 1 for the world cup when he hasnt even started a game for England would be a big risk. Imo he would have to play the next 2 or 3 games friendly games all 90 minutes of them to see if he was up to the job.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think we've played against him, when he was at Shrewsbury.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Currently Hart should get the nod but this is a problem area for us.

Foster is shite and Green is average.

Can we win WC with an average keeper.....I'm not convinced

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here