Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe flows for Albion

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
Aldershot Reserves 0, Albion Reserves 2 Joe Anyinsah's Albion career is up and running.

The winger on loan from Preston recovered from his red card debut at Yeovil on Saturday to score one goal and create the other as the reserves made it two wins out of two in the Football Combination.

Anyinsah put Bob Booker's side ahead in the 64th minute, side-footing in a right-wing cross from Dan Royce from close range.

Victory was sealed eight minutes later when Anyinsah fired the ball in from the left and Steve Cook, instigator of the opening goal with a cross-field pass, stabbed home at the far post.

It was the second goal in as many games for rookie leftback Cook, who rounded off last week's opening 3-0 win at home to Crystal Palace.

Striker Jonny Dixon had few chances to shine against his old club, although he hit a post with a first half header from another Royce cross.

Booker said: "It was definitely a game of two halves. We were poor in the first half, when we weren't really at the races.

"It was way off the quality of last week against Palace, when we set our standards. We were a bit all over the place and lucky not to be a couple of goals down but we dug in.

"In the second half we competed better, passed it better, created more chances and got our just rewards in the end.

"Joe got in a few good positions to score and he got his goal. He will have enjoyed getting 90 minutes under his belt after Saturday."

Albion Reserves: Sullivan; Wills, Pearson, El-Abd, Cook; Royce, Fraser, Loft, Anyinsah; Hart, Dixon.

sounds promising:albion2:

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
We beat Aldershot reserves 2v0. Not sure how that sounds promising.

Better than a defeat but if Dixon was the best their first team could offer when we signed him would anybody really expect anything other than a comfortable win?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
you can only beat what is in front of you

like the west ham fan on setanta's football matters programme last nite that said if they didnt thrash newcastle on saturday he wouldnt be happy some people expect to much...a win is a win

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Good to see El Abd getting a run out:clap2:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We beat Aldershot reserves 2v0. Not sure how that sounds promising.

Better than a defeat but if Dixon was the best their first team could offer when we signed him would anybody really expect anything other than a comfortable win?

I find your writing style quite contrary Lord Large, are you related to Conboy?

Jimmy Grimble

I find your writing style quite contrary Lord Large, are you related to Conboy?

Immature I can be, but I am not contrary, or as negative as Lord Large.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here