Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joe Cole’s claim that we have “a similar level of player to West Brom”

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Classic Vagabond.

Pretty much your only contribution in this thread has been quoting GB and generally being unpleasant towards him, yet when someone does it to you you play the victim.

Gotta love the get out of jail free, card.

"I know I'm biased but ...."

It's an Albion messageboard we're all biased.

Some are biased and realistic.
Some are biased and hopeful.
Some are biased and disbelieving.
Some are biased and jaded.

&

Some are biased and completely off the scale unrealistic.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
An odd stance to take from someone who's on course for 63,000 posts (I repeat 63,000 posts) when they've been on NSC for the same amount of time.

Whatever you say 60,000.

When I get anywhere remotely close to that number you’re entitled to criticise my post count.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
What would Potter do if he was at WBA? Is WBAs failure about the players or the management?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I don't know too much about the WBA team but would any of their players make the starting 11 for Brighton ahead of our current squad?

Costa Pereira is class IMHO but Cole is talking utter sh1te

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
This logic amazes me.

For the best part of 20 years I've sat in front of a Microsoft computer.
By their logic I should be Bill Gates II, but in reality I still can't even get the cup holder to work.

Yep, and then you’ve got really good, knowledgable pundits like Danny Higginbotham who played the game but also work incredibly hard and do their research now, scratching around for work in the lower leagues, on local radio or the like.

He might not be the biggest name but he’s brilliant and can also speak correctly which I think does help in that job!

These media outlets really need to work harder than just going through their World Cup 2006 sticker book and calling up all the England players from that squad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep, and then you’ve got really good, knowledgable pundits like Danny Higginbotham who played the game but also work incredibly hard and do their research now, scratching around for work in the lower leagues, on local radio or the like.

He might not be the biggest name but he’s brilliant and can also speak correctly which I think does help in that job!

These media outlets really need to work harder than just going through their World Cup 2006 sticker book and calling up all the England players from that squad.

I'm a massive Football Weekly fanboy (so much so in fact I wrote Baz' Albion script for him after 'chatting' with him on Twitter, a few weeks ago).

No pundits, just respected journalists talking football.

Jonathan Wilson has forgotten more.about football than Joe Cole (or myself) will ever know.
He's also the original Bielsa love child.

He was on after the Leeds win, the panel never mentioned the Albion, it was.just Wilson talking up Elsa.
I thought that was a shame but hardly worth storming the barricades.about.

I did get titsy with Naylor, earlier in the week, as he was using one set of statistics to prove the different point he was writing about.

But AN's job is to discuss the Albion so he needs to be held to a higher level of scrutiny than Joe Cole.talking live on TV.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Weren’t a lot of Brighton fans saying similar when defending the manager after poor results during pre and post Christmas runs ?

*nods*

In.

He's doing everything right.

Players are letting him down - through no fault of their own, they're just not good enough.

Another decent performance tonight, aside from Burn. Deserved point.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Don't appreciate you quoting me out of context to demonstrate a point.

Out of context? Your very next post on the same thread said:

"The results will come.

Maybe not this season, we just don't have the players."

Which is exactly the question [MENTION=34242]Neville's Breakfast[/MENTION] was asking. Similar is not "exactly the same as"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I've never believed or said that our players are of the standard of relegation certs like WBA (no disrespect to them), which is the subject and very distinct from what I was talking about then.

That said, at that time I didn't realise how good Sanchez would prove to be. I also underrated Trossard. So while my opinion has changed, what you have quoted is very different to what Joe Cole is saying.

Which is fair enough.

I've always been clear that I think this squad is much, much better than Hughton was ever given but I was certainly guilty of underestimating Potter and have changed my opinion on him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here