Votes: 78 30.2%
  • Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Are you saying that you think white right-wing Christians are suffering inequality in terms of wealth, opportunities, education and more?

No, I’m repeating what the New York Times lead opinion journalist said on the matter.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone else find the reporting of the result tallies absurd?

BBC currently showing 243/214
Sky has it 253/214
Guardian has it 264/214

What TF gives? ???

I've no idea where the Beeb gets their figures from. CNN is 253/214 which looks correct. Grauniad has incorrectly awared Arizona to Biden by the look of that number :facepalm:

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales

Sky has it 253/214
Guardian has it 264/214

What TF gives? ???

I think the Guardian goes with what the AP says, BBC with Reuters? Might be wrong and have no idea about Sky, so not the most helpful post!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
remainers.jpg

Sake.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Sky has it 253/214
Guardian has it 264/214

What TF gives? ???

I think it depends where they get their figures from - BBC said this earlier:

Why do different news sites have different tallies?
If you are seeing different tallies at the top of the live coverage from various news sites, you might well be confused.

This is because some news sites have projected wins in Arizona (meaning an extra 11 electoral college votes) and Wisconsin (10 electoral college votes) for Biden.

The BBC still considers these too early to project.

This year, the BBC gets its data via Reuters, from polling firm Edison Research, who do the field work for the exit polls and work with US networks in the National Election Pool.

In Wisconsin, 99% of the votes have been counted, with the candidates neck and neck.

In Arizona, 85% of votes have been counted, and Biden is leading with 51% of the votes, with Trump on 48%.

The watch word this year is "patience". Stay tuned and we will bring you updates as soon as we have them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I’m Sik of you lot following Fak noose.
This is wot is happened open ur eyes.

View attachment 130128

Incredible how everyone on Facebook has a "friend" who knows things :lolol:

And this does appear to confirm that the Trump camp are thick as mince as they've spelled "right wing shill" as "political analyst".

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Everyone is getting ahead of themselves imho. As much as I’m desperate for Biden to prevail, this is not done yet.

Georgia is a toss up, Pennsylvania is still a mountain to climb to overhaul almost 200k difference. And most importantly Arizona is not done (which was the assumption and required to get Biden to 270). Trump campaign are still bullish on chances on Arizona and if you’re playing close attention to it, so should you be concerned if you want Biden to win.

Biden had a lead of 90+k votes with 600k outstanding, but these were not postal ballots (normally posted early and normally favouring Democrat), these were early votes handed in over the 2-3 days before the election and Arizona has a high percentage of republicans who have always used thus method. They are overwhelmingly breaking for Trump.

They have just done another 130k of the previous 600k in the past hours and trump got a net of about 25k, so with 470k left to count, Biden lead is cut from 90+ to 68k. Analysts have said if the 470k outstanding continues to break for Trump with the same margins as the 130k just done, Trump is on course to hold Arizona. That would mean Biden would have to win either Georgia or Pennsylvania.

Everyone is acting like this is now a foregone conclusion now, it isn’t yet. Look what’s happening in Arizona. Trump can still win, perish that thought.

And next Arizona update apparently not expected till tonight US time – ie around 18 hours from now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Sky has it 253/214
Guardian has it 264/214

What TF gives? ???

Political editors "call it" when their analysis shows there's an increasingly remote possibility that one candidate could win a state. Looking at the demographic and past blue/red voting pattern in the final remaining counties.

If they/we waited until the Electoral College signs off definitive results, we'd be waiting weeks.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Sky has it 253/214
Guardian has it 264/214

What TF gives? ???

Guardian is including Arizona 11 votes (mistake, few called Arizona early for Biden. I’m shitting it re Arizona, Trump is on course to win by 30k IF it keeps breaking at same margins as last batch of 130k early votes)

Sky doesn’t include Arizona

BBC I guess is additionally not yet including the 10 from Wisconsin as Trump ordered recount. (But he won’t overturn 21k votes - last 2 Wisconsin recounts had a difference if 31 and 87 votes.

Arizona being called is a mistake imho.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Sky has it 253/214
Guardian has it 264/214

What TF gives? ???

Fox, of all channels, go with 264 as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've no idea where the Beeb gets their figures from. CNN is 253/214 which looks correct. Grauniad has incorrectly awared Arizona to Biden by the look of that number :facepalm:
'Don't be first - just be right'.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Everyone is getting ahead of themselves imho. As much as I’m desperate for Biden to prevail, this is not done yet.

Georgia is a toss up, Pennsylvania is still a mountain to climb to overhaul almost 200k difference. And most importantly Arizona is not done (which was the assumption and required to get Biden to 270). Trump campaign are still bullish on chances on Arizona and if you’re playing close attention to it, so should you be concerned if you want Biden to win.

Biden had a lead of 90+k votes with 600k outstanding, but these were not postal ballots (normally posted early and normally favouring Democrat), these were early votes handed in over the 2-3 days before the election and Arizona has a high percentage of republicans who have always used thus method. They are overwhelmingly breaking for Trump.

They have just done another 130k of the previous 600k in the past hours and trump got a net of about 25k, so with 470k left to count, Biden lead is cut from 90+ to 68k. Analysts have said if the 470k outstanding continues to break for Trump with the same margins as the 130k just done, Trump is on course to hold Arizona. That would mean Biden would have to win either Georgia or Pennsylvania.

Everyone is acting like this is now a foregone conclusion now, it isn’t yet. Look what’s happening in Arizona. Trump can still win, perish that thought.

It’s all down to the Electoral College. Projection are ok, but they’re not results. Stating the obvious I know, but I’m not cheering yet.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I see.

Read a great article about the culture clash this election is being played out against. For example, I didn’t realise that this year, more children in the US were classified as non-white than white for the first time ever. And by 2040s, the population will be 51% non-white. Which is why we’re largely seeing a Custer’s last stand from middle America against what they see as a liberal, non American, non Christian alliance attacking their values, and culture that’s also leaving them increasingly behind on all fronts including wealth, future prospects, education etc. I have much sympathy for that, because it’s happening here too. How you discuss, engage, approach it however... my god, even Farage looks liberal compared to his ‘great friend’ Donald.

I don't buy this "by the 2040s" rubbish for a second. It's like saying "by the 2040s the Albion will be in the European Super League of Mega Clubs and Palace will be playing on Hackney Marshes" when, in fact, they are still above us in the table.

But let's suppose there's something in it, America is a country of migrants anyway. Really, it should belong to the Native Americans. Then along came some puritans from Plymouth, some Irish, some French and a few other guys. Then they brought in black people to do their work for them for nothing. Ditto with the Hispanics, brought in as cheap labour just as we've done with the Poles and Romanians. For example, Anthony Bourdain's brilliant Kitchen Confidential talks if how every good restaurant on the eastern seaboard had a line crew made up of Mexicans while he was working. I didn't hear of Trump sending his expensive meal back to the kitchen, back in the day and marching the sous chef back to Tiijuana.

We have a country here that is made up of people from other countries and it has no right to a white, Christian culture whatsoever.

Anything that supposes that should be dominant is culturally imperial at best and racist at worst.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
His Twitter meltdown over the next 2 months should provide us with plenty of entertainment during lock down at least. Then we can look forward to him being charged with tax evasion.

I wonder if Trump Tower can be spotted from any of the exercise yards at Rikers

Guardian is including Arizona 11 votes (mistake, few called Arizona early for Biden. I’m shitting it re Arizona, Trump is on course to win by 30k IF it keeps breaking at same margins as last batch of 130k early votes)

Sky doesn’t include Arizona

BBC I guess is additionally not yet including the 10 from Wisconsin as Trump ordered recount. (But he won’t overturn 21k votes - last 2 Wisconsin recounts had a difference if 31 and 87 votes.

Arizona being called is a mistake imho.

Keep the faith - CNN analyst saying outstanding vote is from more Democrat leaning areas - we will see.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I don't buy this "by the 2040s" rubbish for a second. It's like saying "by the 2040s the Albion will be in the European Super League of Mega Clubs and Palace will be playing on Hackney Marshes" when, in fact, they are still above us in the table.

But let's suppose there's something in it, America is a country of migrants anyway. Really, it should belong to the Native Americans. Then along came some puritans from Plymouth, some Irish, some French and a few other guys. Then they brought in black people to do their work for them for nothing. Ditto with the Hispanics, brought in as cheap labour just as we've done with the Poles and Romanians. For example, Anthony Bourdain's brilliant Kitchen Confidential talks if how every good restaurant on the eastern seaboard had a line crew made up of Mexicans while he was working. I didn't hear of Trump sending his expensive meal back to the kitchen, back in the day and marching the sous chef back to Tiijuana.

We have a country here that is made up of people from other countries and it has no right to a white, Christian culture whatsoever.

Anything that supposes that should be dominant is culturally imperial at best and racist at worst.

Are you suggesting we brought Eastern European’s in for cheap labour GB?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Are you suggesting we brought Eastern European’s in for cheap labour GB?

If "we" are business owners then yes, absolutely. It's a fact that jobs such as fruit pickers are done by foreign labour and they are not exactly well paid. Boris even flew in some during lockdown otherwise we'd have had crops rotting in the fields.

What are your thoughts about the actual point of my post?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here