• Poll closed .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What are the current scores on the doors for the vital Senate?

I had previously thought it was gone for Dems but apparently now back in play. Apologies I don’t know the exact situation offhand.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That's not a great description at all as I see it right now.

Biden is 224/6 chasing 245.

Trump was saving his best bowler to close things out, but he's injured himself and had to leave the field.

When Biden was struggling I used the analogy that he was in the relegation zone but with games in hand that he was losing.

He's winning one of them deep into injury time at the moment. This means he's only in there on goal difference now.

Although VAR may yet decide after the final whistle....

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Trump's Michigan lead almost gone now following a dump of Detroit votes, with plenty more still to come.

Wayne County (Detroit) just reported roughly 150k ballots, of which nearly 140k were for Biden.

Off topic, and some light relief in this tense atmosphere, was Wayne County of the Electric Chairs fame actually from Wayne County?

In the same way Eric Morecambe was from Morecambe?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Off topic, and some light relief in this tense atmosphere, was Wayne County of the Electric Chairs fame actually from Wayne County?

In the same way Eric Morecambe was from Morecambe?

Think you mean Jayne County. And she is the same in that she changed her surname to match a place, the same as Eric Bartholomew.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
When Biden was struggling I used the analogy that he was in the relegation zone but with games in hand that he was losing.

He's winning one of them deep into injury time at the moment. This means he's only in there on goal difference now.

And award a penalty to Kane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
CNN been on in our place on and off between work calls. All the talk now that the larger metropolitan areas and postal/absent votes, which normally go Dem are the ones outstanding. No wonder the orange CJTC wanted the race called a few hours ago.

Are postal votes going to be this year's hanging chads?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
1F967E60-DC1E-4F96-8AC8-79D823801DFF.jpeg

???

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

F**K VAR! :rolleyes:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If he loses, no way will Trump accept defeat. I see unrest on the horizon. Which would be amusing considering the US sees itself as the Worlds 'Policeman'. Their global influence will be in tatters.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I was referring specifically to Wisconsin. I am cautiously optimistic overall now. Also, Pennsylvania probably won't declare for a number of days. The hope is Biden gets to 270 without Penn.

Biden is only ahead by 7000 in Nevada with their 6 votes, they are still open to receive mail ins that are post marked by the 3rd up until Friday next week!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Is Arizona back in play?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
CNN been on in our place on and off between work calls. All the talk now that the larger metropolitan areas and postal/absent votes, which normally go Dem are the ones outstanding. No wonder the orange CJTC wanted the race called a few hours ago.

He wanted the votes stopped, but then what?

He's behind in reported electoral college, or does he expect to be awarded states on 70% of votes counted?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If he loses, no way will Trump accept defeat. I see unrest on the horizon. Which would be amusing considering the US sees itself as the Worlds 'Policeman'. Their global influence will be in tatters.

I agree about the unrest, but not about the global influence. Biden will win many people's respect and admiration if he beats Trump. China, the EU, Canada, Mexico will all be lining up to shake his hand.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

he's a sneaky begger. he knows that the key states have mail in counts permitted to go on a couple of days. Pennsylvania dont count mail in until election day, some counties apparently start this morning. over a million to count there, with a few hundred thousand in it, clearly cant stop count early.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My post at 8:00 this morning, when the collective gloomy NSC mood music was that Biden had lost:

For everyone throwing in the towel, here’s why it’s not over. Great example from the BBC:

Georgia - Trump leads by 118,000, but there are 540,000 votes still to count including for swathes of urban Atlanta.
Similar stories across Rust Belt swing states.

For once I go something right, this wasn't and isn't done and dusted, yet.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

He does not accept defeat full stop, it will be interesting to see how many toys he can throw out of the pram, he can't hide this potantial failure or legitimately blame it on anyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here