Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Job vacancy now at Southampton…

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Pretty sure the £50 million they'll get might cheer them up.

I think they will loose more than lallana and shaw and I still think the owner will pull the plug after the sale of their best players. No doubt a good manager will steady the ship but I can see trouble on the horizon at Southampton.
Shame really they have done well in a short time but it just goes to show how quickly it can all change these days.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Gone as Head Coach I see, will the spurs fans be bitching about the DoF making the signings, not the Manager?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not sure too many Brighton fans should be feeling sorry for Southampton FC or its fans!

I don't really have any issues with them these days. I used to dislike their idiot manager (Adkins). But I found them quite refreshing to watch last season. Good football, plenty of goals, and some excellent young English players, which is always heartening. If that ship were to start sinking, it would be somewhat disappointing. England needs their production line to keep functioning right now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think they will loose more than lallana and shaw and I still think the owner will pull the plug after the sale of their best players. No doubt a good manager will steady the ship but I can see trouble on the horizon at Southampton.
Shame really they have done well in a short time but it just goes to show how quickly it can all change these days.

I've never warmed to S'ton, from the twit Rupert Lowe to the tw*t Adkins. But the vast money from Lallana, Shaw and Pocchetino transactions, plus newly increased PL money and the generously rich Liebherr Estate, as well as the conveyor belt of youth from their academy .... should see them more than alright. They've lost Pocchetino, but their challenge / problems are small compared to most other clubs.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I've never warmed to S'ton, from the twit Rupert Lowe to the tw*t Adkins. But the vast money from Lallana, Shaw and Pocchetino transactions, plus newly increased PL money and the generously rich Liebherr Estate, as well as the conveyor belt of youth from their academy .... should see them more than alright. They've lost Pocchetino, but their challenge / problems are small compared to most other clubs.

Love or hate them, since league 1 they have certainly improved massively in a short time, maybe more than any other club.
Still think something big is going to happen at the very top though.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't really have any issues with them these days. I used to dislike their idiot manager (Adkins). But I found them quite refreshing to watch last season. Good football, plenty of goals, and some excellent young English players, which is always heartening. If that ship were to start sinking, it would be somewhat disappointing. England needs their production line to keep functioning right now.

It's amazing how one fan can change your opinion of a club. I used to love Southampton, lasr day escapes, Le Tiss, Van Gobbel, Egil, Jason Dodd and all the others.

I read a rather patronising message congratulating Rochdale on their rise from non-league and to enjoy their day out at the St Marys.

It was kindly pointed out that Rochdale were famous for being stuck in a division and Southampton is a day out if you want to be bored shitless.

Urgh. Detested them ever since and Adkins and their whole demeanour towards other clubs made me dislike them.

There was also a poster called Matt Le God, he would never hear anything bad about the club. Every rebuttal was met with a PR exercise about how wonderful Southampton was and how they were going to rule the world (or Europe to start with).

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Oh, and the inevitable:

"Why don't the board show a bit of AMBITION, instead of letting all our best players and managers leave? Something must be BADLY WRONG at this club"

You forgot to mention that the introduction of PASSION would be the the silver bullet to the hulking werewolf that is the underachievement of recent years...or something equally bizarre anyway.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Its not completely improbable that Gus could end up there. Would be worth it just to see their forum go into apocalyptic meltdown.

He would love to get his hands on their transfer kitty .... he loves talking about budgets or the alleged lack of.

Not too bad a drive/helicopter trip each day from Bromley, compared to spending time in Sunderland, but he would looking to get a lucrative London club position one day.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
He would love to get his hands on their transfer kitty .... he loves talking about budgets or the alleged lack of.

Not too bad a drive/helicopter trip each day from Bromley, compared to spending time in Sunderland, but he would looking to get a lucrative London club position one day.

Whilst living in Bromley is no doubt preferable to Wearside for our dear departed Gustavo, I suspect a nice grande villa on Sandbanks would be his residence of choice....

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

It's lucky all our issues with managers not being happy with budgets and signings disappeared as soon as he left

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ronald Koeman seems to suddenly be heavily backed for this job.

No word yet on whether he'll be asking for Graham Taylor as his assistant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here