Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Job vacancy: Foreign Secretary?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I have to say I can't think of a single other poster who is contrary and argumentative in such a dull and humourless manner.

thanks, i wrote wrote it just for my fan. :bigwave:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
One angle on this is whether May is cutting him so much slack that eventually he'll cut off his own oxygen. The problem is that Boris is loved by the Tory heartlands (just look at his reception at conference) and the PM - who is in a pretty vulnerable position - would find it hard to sack him.........until he moves into totally outrageous territory. He's doing a fine job of locating this and it shouldn't take much longer. In the meantime he continues to be a total embarrassment as those who saw him accused of being an out and out liar by US media (press conference with John Kerry) will recall with a wince.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Doing trade deals with people like the Saudis will become ever more important to the UK in this brave new world we're creating for ourselves.

Boris aside and the rights and wrongs of what he said.

The above statement is actually a sad state of affairs that we have to trade with such a deplorable regime from the ground up they are corrupt, sexist, terrorist funding regime that we should in this day and age be avoiding.

Disclaimer: just my opinion, does not make right.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
To be fair - what he said was true. It's just successive UK governments have supported a despicable regime all in the name of oil.

British Aerospace and arm deals, as well. Boris is happy for the Saudis to kill Yemeni civilians with our arms, as they are not breaking any "international humanitarian laws".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's a fvcking embarrassment, his barnet alone should disqualify him from holding office , and I'm not joking .
Global politics would be considerably more stable if there were an 'acceptable barnet' clause in all constitutions.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Global politics would be considerably more stable if there were an 'acceptable barnet' clause in all constitutions.
I feel embarrassed.being represented on the international stage by someone who can't even sort his hair into an acceptably tidy state.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Whether what he said was true or false. The capacity in which he holds office alone he should be precluded from making such statement. He is in that position to promote the UK in its best light around the world.

You know what you get with Boris before you appoint him into any job, whish is absolutely NOTHING - However, I am afraid the buck stops with Management who put him in that position. She has the power to Hire and Fire but she hasn't got the balls to do the latter, quite literally. Which makes you wonder does she have the strength of character to do the job she is in at the moment.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Whether what he said was true or false. The capacity in which he holds office alone he should be precluded from making such statement. He is in that position to promote the UK in its best light around the world.

You know what you get with Boris before you appoint him into any job, whish is absolutely NOTHING - However, I am afraid the buck stops with Management who put him in that position. She has the power to Hire and Fire but she hasn't got the balls to do the latter, quite literally. Which makes you wonder does she have the strength of character to do the job she is in at the moment.
Yep. May is a total disaster of a PM. She's basically got every major decision so far completely and totally wrong. If it wasn't our country at stake it'd be funny.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yep. May is a total disaster of a PM. She's basically got every major decision so far completely and totally wrong. If it wasn't our country at stake it'd be funny.

That maybe the case but it could be worse you could be American, Russian, North Korean, Chinese, Saudi Arabia the list goes on.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That maybe the case but it could be worse you could be American, Russian, North Korean, Chinese, Saudi Arabia the list goes on.
Well yes, of course. But it's not a "who's got the shittest leader" competition. Just because other countries have total scumbags and idiots in charge it doesn't make May any more competent.

She's making Cameron look like a half decent PM which was a completely unimaginable scenario when he quit.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Well yes, of course. But it's not a "who's got the shittest leader" competition. Just because other countries have total scumbags and idiots in charge it doesn't make May any more competent.

She's making Cameron look like a half decent PM which was a completely unimaginable scenario when he quit.

I am not an advocate of May by any means, but she has had virtually no time in the job so far, so in fairness she can't be judged yet unless you already have a biased opinion of her or the party.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am not an advocate of May by any means, but she has had virtually no time in the job so far, so in fairness she can't be judged yet unless you already have a biased opinion of her or the party.

I totally agree. Any manager/ leader needs time to bed in to a job; however making Boris Johnson Foreign Secretary is like a new manager coming in to Brighton and putting Anthony Knockeart in goal

And that blunder about the Soudi statement is like Knockeart conceding a goal by chipping it over his head whilst he is virtually on the goal line because he is too small for the job.

After realising the mistake the manager should then replace Knockeart in goal by Nikki Maenpaa or David Stockdale - But Theresa May seems happy to leave Anthony Knockeart playing in goal

larus

I do find this whole thing about slagging him off quite odd.

We all moan about politicians not telling the truth/speaking there mind, and all we get from them is spin. Boris has spoken his mind and then we get all the sensitive souls saying we need to be diplomatic as it may affect our relationship with the Saudis (and we won't sell them so many arms). These are the same people that think it was OK for the BBC, Corbyn etc. to trash Trumps name. Surely some double standards here.

I read something about this the other day, and the reaction from the Saudis has been all non-existent. Supposedly, what BJ said in public is only what diplomats have been saying to the Saudis in private.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here