Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Job hunting

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Magistrate you say? Was that per chance in the Brighton area? Long shot but did you know a magistrate by the name of Derrick Stirling? Used to be my boss in a previous life and was truly obnoxious and felt sorry for anyone coming up before him

How funny would it be if happypig is Derrick Stirling.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
How about volunteering? Citizens Advice always looking for support and your experience as a Magistrate could be really helpful for some people who have run into financial/ other difficulties and need help.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Magistrate you say? Was that per chance in the Brighton area? Long shot but did you know a magistrate by the name of Derrick Stirling? Used to be my boss in a previous life and was truly obnoxious and felt sorry for anyone coming up before him

Don't know him I'm afraid. I was on the Sussex Eastern bench, sat in Eastbourne (and occasionally Hastings).

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If you’re going to go down the LinkedIn route make sure you’ve got a good profile , good record of jobs with dates etc

The other thing to do with LinkedIn is to subtely change your profile every couple of weeks - nothing major, just small changes. There is clearly a search engine on LinkedIn that recruiters use to find the most recent changed profiles as you get far more views every time you alter your profile.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would suggest Linkedin as well given over the past three years had numerous job offers however deleted my account from it as retired for good work wise

Last edited:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I guess it depends on what your main driver is for going back to work. If it’s financial, then you probably need something aligned to your skills and experience. If it’s just that you need a purpose and something to get up for in the morning, then you have a wonderful opportunity to do something that you enjoy, maybe related to a hobby or interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here