Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joao Teixeira

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Love to have him back here of course. But would so much more like to see a good lump of Tony's dosh spent on a top quality goal scorer of our own.
I feel we would probably get more out of a player that is an 'our club' player, than someone that knows he has no extended future here.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Cannot see Tex going anywhere. He has played first team football at Liverpool and has impressed. He has a chance to play in the cup games and he may be needed if Liverpool have a run of injuries.

Unfortunately I see this as being the most likely scenario. He is getting much more of a look in at his parent club this season, so I really don't see how he could really further his career by going out on loan again.

Plus will he walk into our side at the moment? It would be very nice to have him, but it's someone to finish off chances that we need, a finisher, not an attacking midfielder like Tex.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Cannot see Tex going anywhere. He has played first team football at Liverpool and has impressed. He has a chance to play in the cup games and he may be needed if Liverpool have a run of injuries.

I agree. He's in Liverpool's squad of 25.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't think that this is the case, is it? Tex has only played the once in the League Cup, for which Liverpool fielded what is effectively a reserves side. He's not played a minute of Premier League football this year; has he even made the match day squad?

He seems to be to Liverpool what Jeff Monakana is to Brighton.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think that this is the case, is it? Tex has only played the once in the League Cup, for which Liverpool fielded what is effectively a reserves side. He's not played a minute of Premier League football this year; has he even made the match day squad?

He seems to be to Liverpool what Jeff Monakana is to Brighton.

He's made two appearances (not sure which games) and has been on the bench for Premier League games.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Completion from Bolton :lolol:

Indeed. If the lad wants to go there then all the best. Sh!te club, hundreds of millions in debt and the worst manager in the league.

No competition!

Oh and does he really want a relegation fight on a ten times worse scale?

Needs to come to us ready to be hard and fast though.....he must have grown up from last year.

TNBA

TTF

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Unfortunately I see this as being the most likely scenario. He is getting much more of a look in at his parent club this season, so I really don't see how he could really further his career by going out on loan again.

Plus will he walk into our side at the moment? It would be very nice to have him, but it's someone to finish off chances that we need, a finisher, not an attacking midfielder like Tex.

I like posts like this. Essentially it says "he is too good for us because he plays for Liverpool but if he did come he would not get in our side"

He would walk in to replace baldock. Simple.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
End the thread

You're only allowed a match day squad of 18 and we're only talking a loan, probably with a recall at any time option. I don't agree that pours cold water all over it like you suggest tbh..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is not as fast as Baldock plus he's an attacking midfielder not a striker.

You can put names on anything but it doesnt alter the fact that his style of play is very similar to what people are saying Baldock is doing except he can put the ball in the net. He would be able to capitalize on the knocks from Hemed. either down or forward.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He is not as fast as Baldock plus he's an attacking midfielder not a striker.
He scored enough goals in a crap team last year to convince me that he could do a very nice job playing off or just behind Hemed.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I like posts like this. Essentially it says "he is too good for us because he plays for Liverpool but if he did come he would not get in our side"

He would walk in to replace baldock. Simple.

Texeira and Baldock are totally different types of players, Baldock largely plays more central and further up the pitch.

Frankly I find your comment that Texeira would walk in to replace Baldock quite ridiculous. Although admittedly Baldock is mis-firing on the goal scoring front at the moment, he continues to work his socks off and provides chances for others. He will start scoring too sooner rather than later.

Just because Texeira plays for Liverpool reserves, it doesn't automatically make him the better option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here